Chapter 48

Richard got up and ran over to her and started hugging her. She hung up the phone and sobbed into his chest. 

"They want me to see him again," She shook her head. "I can't. I can't do it. I can't-"

"Then don't," He ran his fingers through her hair. 

"Weinstein?" I asked her and she nodded her head. 

"I have to answer them," She muttered. 

"No," Richard told her. "I will call them and tell them that you're not available."

"It's not as simple as that."

"What do they want you to do?"

"They want me to shoot a movie, but he's going to be in charge of it. They want me to have another meeting with him and I-I can't Richard."

"Okay, don't do it."

"It's not as simple as that!"

"Then I'll make it simple, goddammit!"

I flinched and plugged my ears, then dug my face into the pillow. 

"Hey," My mom whispered in my ear and pulled my face up, then hugged me. "You alright?"

"Yeah, it's just that the yelling-"

"I understand. Want to go to bed?"

I nodded my head and then I hugged them, said goodnight, and I shut my eyes, and went to sleep. 

---------------------------

The next morning, I got ready and then hopped down the stairs. 

My mom smiled when she saw me and said, "Neil wants to hang out with you, but you were sleeping so I answered."

"REALLY?!" I shrieked. 

"Wow, I didn't know you would be that happy," Richard chuckled. 

"WHEN?!"

"Umm, today," She answered. "He wanted to take you out to lunch and talk to you about something."

"Ooh," I smirked. "I have to apologize to him and-"

"Adette, a word of advice is to not apologize," Richard commented. "Well, I take that back. You can apologize, but don't apologize if you didn't do anything."

I nodded my head, ate breakfast, and stayed downstairs with them until Neil arrived. I got up to go to the bathroom, and as soon as I finished, the doorbell rang. 

I looked in the mirror, made sure I looked suitable, and then walked back outside to find Neil standing in the doorway. 

I said goodbye to my mom and Richard, then I joined Neil outside. As soon as the door shut, I hugged Neil. 

"Why didn't you talk to me?" I asked him. 

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something."

"For two fucking days...I don't buy that. What is going on, Neil?"

"Nothing. Why do you think that something is wrong?"

"Because you have not been kissing me that much-"

"I kissed you the last time I saw you, Adette."

"Still..."

"Listen, I just wanted to have a lunch. Can we do that?"

"Sure. I'm sorry."

He hugged me. "It's fine, Adette. Don't be sorry, okay? You didn't do anything wrong."

We got into the car and drove to McDonald's and ordered some food, then parked somewhere where no one would find us located in a mountain hiking trail and ate our food. 

"I missed you," I smiled. 

"I missed you, too," He started to breath heavily. 

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," He smiled at me and held my hand. "Your dad's album is really good."

"It is? Goddammit, I keep forgetting to listen to it!"

"You should listen to it soon."

"What's your favorite song on there?"

"Buck Dich."

"I don't know what that means."

"Neither do I," He chuckled. "I really love you, Adette. I really, really do."

"I love you too, Neil. I honestly don't know what I would do without you."

He faked a smile, then turned away and bit his fist. 

"What is wrong, Neil?" I asked concerned. "You're really scaring me."

"Adette," He started to cry and turned to look at me. "Let's just go to your house."

"No, not before you tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong, Adette."

"Don't give me that bullshit, Neil. I know you."

"I'll tell you once we get there."

"Okay. Hey, I'm right here," I held his hand and rubbed it with my thumb. 

He drove away to my house and once we arrived, he put the car in park and unbuckled his seatbelt, then turned to me. 

"I love you, Adette," He took my hand in his. "I always have and I always will."

"I love you, too. I feel the same way. You're scaring me, Neil."

"Listen, I don't ever want you to leave, and-"

"Neil?"

He turned away, cried harder, then looked back at me. "Adette, I have to tell you something."

My stomach dropped as I feared the worst: he was breaking up with me. "What? Tell me."

"Adette, I love you."

"Tell me!" I started to cry. "Neil, I'm begging you."

"I have to break up with you, Adette."