Chapter 41

My mom grabbed Till by his shirt and dragged him into one of the bedrooms, then slammed the door shut. 

"VATER!" Marie Louise said. 

Oliver got up and grabbed her before she could open up the door. Nele sat down next to me and asked, "Is everything alright?"

"Leave it alone, Nele," Flake told her. 

"She's allowed to ask questions," I defended her. 

"No one ever said she couldn't."

"They just got into an argument, they'll be fine."

"Your mom did not look happy," Nele walked back over to Khira and started playing with her. 

"I want to ask her!" Neil exclaimed. 

"You can't!" I chuckled. "If I find out, I'll tell you though. You know what's always bugged me?"

"What?" Neil asked. 

"Nevermind, you don't listen to them. At least I don't think you do."

"Who?"

"Rammstein."

"Oh, yeah, no."

"HOW DARE THEE!" Paul yelled and got up to get another beer. 

"What bothered you about it?" Flake asked. 

"The screaming at the end of that one song-'Heirate Mich'."

"Why would you insult your father like that?" Christoph asked and Richard stormed out of the room, went to a different bedroom than my mom and Till, and slammed it shut. "What did I do?"

"I swear to God it's a fucking drama movie," I said. 

Then the front door slammed open, and Anja yelled, "MARIE LOUSIE, COME ON!"

"Um, no," Oliver stood up. "No-Till's still-"

I looked over and Anja's face had her makeup smeared all over her and tears were running down the side of her face. "Oliver, Marie Louise can go with her."

"I don't need your approval, bitch," She yelled at me, grabbed Marie Louise, and left. 

"Well, that went splendid," I stood up and grabbed a water from the fridge and sat back down. "Where did Paul go?"

"He went to go take a shit," Flake smirked. 

"I've never really gotten to know you guys," I nestled into Neil's side. 

"Well, we're in a band that sucks," Christoph said. "And that's really all you need to know."

"Nice talking to you," I smiled. "I think I have everyone figured out. Flake, you are always pissed off or against something, Christoph, you are nice, Oliver, you are very quiet, Paul is kind of the life of the party, Richard is really sweet, and Till kind of knows what he wants and when he wants it. Do I have it down?"

"I wouldn't say I'm the LIFE OF THE FUCKING PARTY!" Paul laughed, then sat down. 

"You forgot one thing: Paul gets drunk really easily," Christoph added. 

"So do I," Neil whispered in my ear. 

"I haven't seen you drunk before," I told him. 

"You should keep it that way," Oliver said. "Alcohol doesn't bring out the monster in people, it brings out their true self."

"That's really true."

"How was your mother's ex boyfriend?" Oliver asked. 

"You don't ask someone how their mother's abuser was," Christoph hit Oliver on the back of his head. "Damn, looks like when your hair left, it took away some of your common sense, too."