Chapter 25

Christmas Eve-5:43 PM

As soon as the door opened, Khira and Merlin started going crazy as they saw Nele and Marie Louise. They all ran upstairs, and Nele mouthed to me, "Save me." I chuckled and shook my head as they went upstairs. 

"Those kids are fucking crazy," My mom said. 

I saw Till and I hugged him. "I missed you, Dad."

As soon as I said his name, he smiled and hugged me tightly. "I missed you, too."

We all sat down and they set their presents underneath the Christmas Tree. Anja sat next to Till and held his hand tightly. I looked down and I thought about what I knew. I sort of felt bad, but not really because she deserved it and it was horrible for me to say that. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. 

"I'll get it," I said. 

I walked to the door and opened it and Tyler was standing there with a present in his hands. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. 

"Can I come in?" He asked. "Something happened and I have nowhere to go."

"What happened?"

"My parents and I got into a fight because they thought that you were cheating on Neil with me and they were mad at me (you know, because of the newspaper)."

I sighed. "Fuck that. Come in."

He came in and as soon as everyone saw him, they stopped talking. My mom just stared at him. 

"Who is this?" My dad asked. 

"HOLY SHIT!" Tyler yelled. "YOU WEREN'T KIDDING!"

"I told you," I pinched his arm playfully. 

Tyler put his present under the tree.

"This is Tyler," I answered. "Tyler, that's Till, Anja (his wife), my mom, and Richard. My mom and Richard are dating."

"Whoa," He said. 

"So...you're Tyler," My dad asked. "Well, let me tell you something-"

"Dad, don't," I pleaded and once I said his name, he smiled again and so did I. "Do you want a snack, Tyler?"

"Um, sure," He said. 

We went into the kitchen, grabbed some crackers, and sat back down, and I noticed that my mom was gone. 

"Where's my mom?" I asked. 

"Someone's at the door," Richard answered. 

My mom came back with a worried expression on her face. I sat up, but tripped over Tyler's foot, and he caught me. 

All of a sudden, I heard someone yell, "I FUCKING KNEW IT!" and my heart dropped.