Chapter 23

Since Christmas was just a week away, I decided to get my dad and mom along with Richard a gift. I got up early, got my shoes on, and I drove to the mall. 

Surprisingly, the stores were open. As I was about to walk inside, I accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed as they spilled coffee all over my shirt. "I'm so sorry-I'll pay for that."

Once I looked up, I regretted what I said. 

"Hello," Tyler smirked. 

"Oh my God. OF ALL PEOPLE!"

He chuckled. "I just bought my girlfriend a shirt. Take yours off and then you can wear hers."

"No-you bought that for her," I winced as it started to burn me. 

"Take it off."

I turned away and I took off my shirt. Then, I grabbed the shirt from Tyler and I put it on myself. I turned back around and I thanked Tyler. 

"You're welcome," He smiled. "What are you doing today?"

"I actually have an interview later."

"Cool. Why are you being so nice to me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Last time I saw you, you were with that guy and you were so pissed off. Are you guys still dating?"

"Honestly, I don't know. He's in London right now and he hasn't talked to me in a long time."

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

He rubbed my arm and then pulled me into a hug. "I read in the news that you tried to kill yourself."

"IT'S IN THE NEWS?!"

"Newspaper."

"IT'S NONE OF THEIR GODDAMN BUSINESS! WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?!"

"I'm sorry."

I let go of him. "It's fine."

"What are you doing here?"

"Christmas shopping. You?"

"Same."

"Want to shop together?"

"Sure," He smiled like a little kid who found an ice cream truck.

Once we were eating lunch in the food court, I grew really comfortable around him. 

"So, do you know who your dad is?" He asked as he ate his food. 

"Yeah-Till Lindemann."

"Holy shit-no he's not."

"I swear on my life."

"HOW?! WHAT?!"

"My mom grew up in Berlin and met him, then they got together and she had me when she was fourteen."

"I still don't believe you."

"What can I do to make you believe me, then?"

"I'd have to see it for myself."

"He's coming for Christmas with his kids. Want to see him him then?"

"Sure. He's, like, your idol."

"Yeah."

He put his hand on top of mine. "Are you really okay?"

"No. I actually did try to kill myself."