Chapter 8

I did not talk to my mom at all (I didn't need to). We were taking a little break from her home-schooling me, so I was free to just lye down in my bed. 

Once it was an hour before the premiere, I started to get ready, but I was getting a little worried. Till said he would call me, but he didn't. Maybe I was being a little over-possessive, but I just wanted to make sure that he would try to make an effort to reach out to me. 

As I finished getting my dress on and my hair along with my makeup, I went downstairs and my mom started to scold about how late we were going to be the whole ride to the premiere. 

When we got out, there were a bunch of cameras flashing which made me blink, but we kept walking and stood there while people took pictures of us. 

"ADETTE, OVER HERE!" I kept hearing people yell along with, "TINA, KEEP LOOKING THIS WAY!"

My mom hugged me, and smiled, but I did not smile, for my dad was not contacting me at all. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't cry at a premiere-the pictures would get everywhere and I would be mocked. 

"Come on," My mom took my hand and we walked inside and waited in line to watch the movie. "What's your problem?"

"I don't have a problem."

"Don't lie to me."

"Tina!" We heard a male voice yell. 

We both turned around and saw a big, ugly man walk towards us. 

"Harvey!" She kissed his cheek. 

"Who is this young lady?" He asked, his hand still on her back. 

"My daughter Adette. Adette, this is Harvey Weinstein. He owns Miramax."

"The movie's about to start," I looked over my shoulder. 

"Why don't you sit with us?" He offered.

"Oh, I don't know," My mom said. 

"Come on," He pushed us towards the doors and forced us to sit next to him. 

He sat in the middle of us, and whispered something in my mom's ear making her giggle. I know that she was being polite-she had to, he was a really powerful man. 

During the whole movie, my mom and him were laughing, but I noticed that he placed his hand on her upper thigh, yet she did not protest. I grew concerned, and before I knew it the movie was over. We walked out and Harvey invited us to go to the after party. 

"Sure!" My mom answered without even questioning it. 

"Great, see you there," He kissed her hand and walked away. 

On the drive to the after party, I asked my mom, "What was that about?"

"What are you talking about?" She asked. 

"You were rubbing up to him."

"He's really powerful, Adette."

"Then how come he put his hand on your leg?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Once we arrived, we got out of the car and sat down inside waiting for Harvey Weinstein. Finally, he spotted us and sat down next to us. 

"I think you look absolutely ravishing," He told my mom. 

"I need to go to the bathroom," I got up and rushed to the bathroom and just stood in there thinking about how I was able to leave, but I wasn't able to.

I got out and I walked to go get a drink, when a man my age came up to me and said, "You are the most beautiful woman here."

"Thanks," I muttered, not even paying attention to what drink I was pouring into my cup. 

"Do you want to get out of here?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I came here for a reason."

"Oh come on," He rubbed my arm. "We'll have a bunch of fun."

"No, I don't want to," I tried to pull his arm off, but he just gripped my arm tighter. "Stop it."

"What did you tell me bitch?"

Before I could even respond, his body hit the floor, but I didn't even do anything.