Chapter 26

Tyler let go of me and I looked up and saw Neil standing there. 

"I SAW THE NEWSPAPERS!" He yelled. 

"Neil, I-"

He continued to talk over me as if I didn't even say anything. "God you leave for, like, a fucking month and your girlfriend cheats on you!"

"I DID NOT CHEAT ON YOU!" I screamed. "JUST BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING TALK TO YOU DOESN'T MEAN I CHEATED ON YOU, NEIL! Let's talk about this outside."

I stepped over everyone and we walked outside. 

"I'm not cheating on you."

"THEN WHY WAS HE HOLDING YOU?"

"BECAUSE I TRIPPED OVER HIS FAT FOOT!"

"Likely story."

I took a closer look at him and noticed he had longer hair. "I like your hair."

"Don't you dare change the subject, Adette."

"I'm sorry."

"You know, right when I left, I heard that you tried killing yourself," He started to cry. "Your mom told me and I was about to drop everything and fly back to see you and make sure you were okay, but she told me not to. You know why? Because you would blame yourself for me not being able to finish my classes."

I started to cry. "You found out?"

"I'M STILL YOUR BOYFRIEND! I am still your boyfriend, right?"

"Neil, I never broke up with you."

"I didn't break up with you either. But we never talk anymore."

"I've just been busy and I thought that you were mad at me. Every single time I tried to call you, your mom said that you were always busy-"

"Wait, you called?!"

"Every single day to make sure you were still alive. I care for you, Adette."

I stormed inside and stood in front of my mom. "When were you going to tell me that Neil called every single day?! HM?!"

"Adette," She started to say and then looked behind me. I turned and found Neil standing there with his arms folded across his chest. "I didn't want you to be so involved with a boy-I wanted you to get over your suicidal feelings. I didn't want you to be more sad because you couldn't see Neil."

"SO YOU LIED TO ME?! AND HIM?!"

"Adette-"

"Fuck you, Mom! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! YOU'RE SO FUCKING RUDE AND YOU'RE A FUCKING SLUT! THAT'S RIGHT!" I turned to Richard. "My mom slept with Till. I don't know when, but she slept with him right before you guys got together." I then turned to Anja. "You fucking deserved it, you fucking bitch."

"ADETTE MORGENSON!" My mom yelled. 

"SHE DESERVES TO KNOW!"

"Was it before or after we got together?" Richard asked. "And I want the truth."

"It was before," My mom admitted. "I saw Till and those feelings came rushing back."

"I'm sorry, Anja," He turned to her. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," She said. "It's over and it's done. You haven't kissed her afterwards, right?"

"Right," He said. 

"I love you, Till," She kissed him. 

Richard then turned to my mom and kissed her. 

"You didn't cheat on me and that's all that matters," He told her.

Tyler stood up and shook Neil's hand. "We never had a formal meet. I'm Tyler-"

"Did you sleep with him?" Neil asked me. 

"I just saw him yesterday, Neil," I reminded him. 

He kissed me and hugged me. "I missed you."

Tyler hugged us too. 

"I'm sorry, Mom," I told her. "I'm not going to tell you how I found out, but someone had to say something."

I walked upstairs to find Nele and she was playing dolls with them. 

"Nele?" I asked. "Do you want to hang out with us?"

"Sure!" She jumped up and followed us to my room. 

Neil, Tyler, Nele, and I all sat down on my bed. 

"Neil is really cute," Nele whispered in my ear.

"I know," I winked at her and held his hand. 

"Why were you screaming that one day?" She asked me. "When my dad told me to get out of the room?"

"Because I thought about what happened," I told her. 

"What happened? I know what sex is and rape and all that stuff."

"I was raped, Nele."

"Wait, what?!" Her face fell. "You were?" She hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I rubbed her back and let go of her. 

"And you tried killing yourself?" She asked. "Why didn't you?"

"My mom walked in."

"Oh wow."

"Talk to me if you ever feel like that, Adette," Neil made me promise him. 

"I promise," I told him. 

"Great."

I didn't know how long I was able to keep that promise, though.