Chapter 32

"FUCK THIS!" My mom yelled and threw my math books across the room. "This isn't how you're supposed to do math! You know what? I don't even need to use half of this shit that you're learning right now."

"I could just drop out," I offered. 

"No-that would make me look like a bad person. It's been a week since you've talked to Neil. Why don't you call him or something?"

"What should I say, hm? 'I'm sorry for being mad at you because my dad saw your dick'."

"Perfect! Now go call him and tell him."

I rolled my eyes and I called Neil's number. 

"Hello?" A woman answered. 

"Hi, is Neil there?" I asked. 

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Adette. Adette Morgenson."

"Ah, his girlfriend. I'm his mother and he's not home right now-he's auditioning for a role in a movie. Do you want me to leave a message?"

"No-I want to tell it to his face," I groaned out in frustration. 

"Why don't you and your mother come over? We'll make you some dinner and we'll officially meet you. Neil has said some very wonderful things about you and I have been wanting to see who my son is dating and who makes him so happy."

I cringed at her words. "Alright. When would you like us to come over?"

"Whenever you like."

"See, it's three right now, would it be fine if we came over in about an hour and thirty minutes?"

"Sounds good to me!"

"Alright, see you then Mrs. Wonders."

"See you then," She hung up the phone. 

"Mom?" I asked as I set the phone down. "Neil's mom wants to meet us."

"That's cool."

"I said yes."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because I want to meet her and she seems really nice. I also want to see Neil and talk to him about things."

"That's alright with me-"

She was interrupted by the phone ringing. She got up and answered and five minutes into the call, she looked at me in horror. 

"Do you want me to give the phone to her?" She asked and handed the phone to me. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Why would you tell ANYONE that I am your dad?" Till asked.

"Hello, Dad."

"Answer my question, Adette."

"Listen, I did it because it's my business too-not just yours."

"There's a reason why we didn't tell you all these years. You just found out. We didn't want anyone else knowing!"

"I don't understand why this is such a big deal."

"Do you want to know why it is a big deal?! I don't like people knowing about my personal life, okay? It's none of their fucking business and you went, told one person, and now almost the entire world knows."

"Jesus Christ, I'm sorry."

"No you're not-I can tell by the tone in your voice. You don't realize the damage this could do to me."

"I want people to know that you're my dad."

"I don't."

"What, are you ashamed?"

"WHEN DID I SAY THAT?!"

"Please don't yell. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please don't be mad."

He sighed. "I'm not mad. Anja is just upset with me because people keep asking about Tina and how the sex was and shit like that."

"Sorry."

"I mean, I wouldn't want to be the wife of someone who keeps getting asked questions about their ex-girlfriend."

"Neither would I."

"Listen, I'm not mad, okay? I would just appreciate it if next time you would ask me if you could tell someone?"

"Sure."

"Alright, bye. I'll see you soon."

"See you soon," I handed the phone back to my mom and they talked for a while. 

I didn't think that there would be a next time, but I was definitely wrong and the next time wasn't what I would be expecting it to be.