Chapter 19

We followed their car and found that they were parked at the theme park. Till and Richard got out and slammed the car doors shut, then walked inside. Neil, my mom, and I rushed out of the car and we followed them.

They bought really cheap tickets and went inside. Once we did the same, we followed them and they walked over to the bathrooms. I stopped halfway there. 

"I can't go back there," I shuddered. 

"Come here," Neil picked me up and I buried my face in his chest. 

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!" I heard a male voice yell. 

I opened my eyes and my mom was running. I jumped out of Neil's grasp and I ran over to the behind the bathrooms. Richard and Till were fighting a bunch of men dressed in black. Since it was dark outside, I could not really see their faces.

"NO!" One of them yelled and I felt a sharp pain my stomach-I remembered that voice all to well. 

A bunch of random men ran over to where we were and split up the fight. 

"You're sick!" One of the men yelled and they ran away from the theme park. 

"Let me get them!" Richard struggled to get out of a man's grasp. 

My mom thanked the men as they let Till and Richard go. 

"THOSE WERE THE MEN, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Richard yelled. 

"THOSE MEN HURT MY DAUGHTER AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING-SPLITTING US UP?!" Till yelled.

"You're just going to get taken away from me," I spoke. "And I won't see you for a long time if you were to kill them or hurt them."

Till sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Can we just go back home?!" I started to cry and I felt really uncomfortable. "I don't like standing right here."

"Let's go," My mom said and we all drove back home. 

"Anja's been wanting to see me," Till said as we got back to our house. 

"Then go see her," My mom said. 

"But Adette-"

"I'm fine," I told him. "Richard and my mom along with Neil are here. It's the weekend-go see your daughters."

"How long are you going to be staying here for?" My mom asked. 

"We're leaving tomorrow morning."

My stomach fell. "Wait, what?"

"I just don't have the money," He said. 

I nodded my head understanding why. "Go see Anja and Nele and Marie Louise-you're their dad too, not just mine."

He said goodbye, gave me a hug, and he left. The rest of the night, we ate dinner, but Neil sadly had to leave. I fell asleep on the couch with my mom and Richard.

The next morning, I woke up and felt sick remembering that my dad was leaving again.

"Are you leaving?" I asked Richard. 

"I have a house in New York," He answered. "I'll be staying here for a little while to make sure you're okay."

"We have some news," My mom said. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Richard and I are dating."

"Wait, seriously?!"

"Yes," Richard chuckled, laughed, and then kissed my mom.

I chuckled, and then when the doorbell rang, I opened up the door and saw Till standing there with his car behind him. 

"I came to say bye," His eyes started to tear up. 

I jumped up and I hugged him. "Thanks for being there for me."

He kissed my cheek. "I will always be there for you-I'm your dad."

I let go of him and said to him, "I can't believe that my mom and Richard are dating."

His face turned blank and he looked down. "Oh, really?"

Right as I was about to ask why he was upset, my mom and Richard said bye to Till and then he left. 

"When I told Till that you guys were dating, he looked sad," I told them. 

"Hmm, weird," My mom said. 

"Do you have kids too, Richard?"

"Yes-I have a four year old son and a five year old daughter," He answered. "They are with their mom right now."

The whole day, we just watched the television and acted like nothing happened. When it was time to go to sleep, I said my goodnights and headed up to bed. 

That night, I had a dream that I saw the men and I got raped again. I woke up panting and drenched in sweat. I was not ready for the nights to come after this.