Chapter 47

I ran to the living room and saw my mom hugging Richard and I sighed in relief. 

"Holy fuck!" My mom slapped him. "YOU CAN'T JUST BE SITTING ON MY MOTHERFUCKING COUCH!"

He chuckled. "I think I just did."

"Well, don't do it again!"

I hugged him. "It's good to see you."

"What are you doing here?" My mom asked him. 

"I just-I couldn't bear to be without you and especially since our tour is starting soon, I want to be with you while I still can."

"How was Aus Berlin?!" I asked. 

"Awesome," He smiled. "And no, you can't watch it-I won't allow it and neither will Till. Actually, we had Khira hang from a cage during 'Tier'. It was so awesome."

"I haven't had a chance to listen to your new album yet," I added. "I should go listen to it now, huh?"

"How long are you staying for, Richard?" My mom asked. 

"Um, for about a month. I'll be leaving September 11."

"I love you," She got on her tippy toes and kissed him.

"Is my dad staying?" I asked. 

"Not right now," Richard answered. "But I bet he will come soon."

"Okay," I said sadly. "Can I call him, Mom?"

"Sure," She smiled. 

I dialed his number on the phone and once he answered, I said, "Hello."

"Adette?" Till asked. 

"Yeah, it's me."

"Hey! How are you?"

"I don't know."

"Why? What happened?"

"Neil came over the other day and we were hanging out-everything was fine. But then, I did something (I'm not going to say what), and he pushed me away, then left. He just fucking left! WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT, DAD?!"

"Boys are complicated."

"Yeah, well so are girls."

"Discriminating our own gender is just what we need."

I chuckled. "Are you excited for your tour?"

"Yes, absolutely. I'm getting a lot of calls from people who love the album. Let me clarify: I'm getting calls from my friends who love the album."

"That's really cool. I haven't listened to it yet, but I will soon, Dad. Don't worry."

"Okay. Listen, I know that you and Anja aren't getting along the best, but I really want you to. Next month-what the fuck am I saying? Not next month, the month after that-um, um-"

"October?"

"October, yes! In October, you are going to come and see one of our concerts in Germany. And I don't want to hear that you don't want to, because you're going to. Got it?!"

"Can my mom come with?"

"You're not going by yourself, obviously."

"Obviously," I scoffed. 

"So...you'd want to?"

"Hel-Heck yes."

"You can cuss around me. I won't tell your mother."

"I always knew you were my favorite."

"I miss you."

"Miss you too, Dad."

"I have to go, though."

"Can we talk tomorrow?"

"I don't know if I can, but I will try, alright?"

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye," I set the phone down and walked back over to them. "Mom, do you think Neil is mad at me?"

"I couldn't say," She answered. "Ask Richard."

"Why would he be mad at you?" He questioned me. 

"Because I-well, I don't want to-"

"Till and I walked in on you giving him head; I think that it will be fine (whatever you did)."

I sighed. "No, I don't want to-this is really awkward. You know what, fine. I was starting to take off his shirt, and then he pushed my hands away, got into his car, and drove away."

"When did this happen?" Richard asked. 

"A couple days ago-wait, no, yesterday."

"Maybe he just didn't want to have sex?"

"No, it's not like him. Something's up with him. He's been really distant lately. He hasn't been kissing me, either."

"Maybe he has AIDs," My mom chortled. 

"That's not funny," I chuckled. "It's not funny."

"Try talking to him," Richard said. 

"No, I'll wait for him to call me."

"You're just being immature at this point," My mom leaned back. "If you really love him, you'll do whatever it takes to talk to him."

"I do love him, though."

"Then go call him."

I got up and called him, but it went straight to voicemail. 

"VOICEMAIL!" I yelled out in frustration. "He doesn't want to talk to me. If this is his way with breaking up with me, then-"

"Adette, chillax," My mom told me. "Go take a bath or something. He might be busy."

"You're right," I cracked my knuckles. "That hurt. Okay, I'll be right back."

I took a bath and then got dressed and ate dinner with them.

"Mom, we skipped lunch," I said. 

"Wow, you can keep track of time!" She sarcastically said. 

I rolled my eyes and Richard whispered, "She tells me that all the time." I chuckled and we sat down on the couch and watched a movie. After it finished, I looked over and my mom fell asleep. 

"I feel like we need to do something," He whispered. 

"Oh definitely," I sneered. "But what?"

He shrugged his shoulders, but then my mom woke up. 

"I HEARD THAT!" She yelled. "YOU BASTARDS!"

Richard and I started laughing, and then the phone rang. She got up and answered it, so I stared at her. Her face turned to sheer horror, and then she started screaming and crying.