Chapter 61

"Son of a-" My eyes widened at Harry. He had the coldest look on his face.

"Niall, hey!" I turned my attention towards Niall, trying to show more enthusiasm and less discomfort as I stood up to give him a hug, while noticing how tense Harry looked.

"Hey Purple! I thought I would surprise you, turns out you surprised me," He said with an uncomfortable smile, looking at Harrys spot at the end of his sentence. He must be able to see the impression of Harrys butt on the couch.

The thought made me giggle out loud.

Just at the time when Harry got up lazily walked to stand beside me.

"What a weird way of surprising, which feels more like invasion of privacy, Almost every time."

Oh god. This is going to be difficult.

"So, did you get the deal?" I started to ask about his work but forgot what exactly he had to do.

I am such a bad friend. And I was so absorbed in my own bubble to even care about his life. At some point we used to be inseparable, we were family.

"Yeah, I did. I get to have my own restaurant here at London, which means I get to live here." The happiness in his eyes was contagious.

"Wow, thats so great!" I said, happiness oozing out in my voice.

I stepped up and gave him a long rib cage breaking hug. A way of apologizing for being a shitty friend, and to tell him how happy I am to know that Ill get to see him everyday.

"I am surprised as to why you havent asked for a treat yet." Niall said, loosening his grip around me but still keeping his arms around my shoulders.

"Because I know that I will be getting one without asking," I smirked, happy to see that he had not taken my lack of attention at heart.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Harry silently going inside the room from the balcony we were in.

"So, hows Harry?" Niall asked, noticing my gaze moving around.

"Tell him I am very upset." Harry said from inside the room before I could reply.

"He is fine, thank you. And he also says Hi," I added as an afterthought, just out of curtsy.

"But I meant Bye," Harry said, smirking at his little joke. I could see a tinge of smile when he turned his back to me and started climbing up the stairs to his room.

Okay, so theres no need to fuss more about him being upset. Hes okay. Or will be in some time.

"Hi Harry," Niall said just when Harry reached his room, he just nodded a little and went in, without switching the staircase up, again a good sign.

"Hes gone in his room now." I informed to a clueless Niall, not wanting to make it any more awkward than it already is.

"Oh, okay," He shrugged it off and started walking back inside the room, I followed silently.

___________________________________________________________________

"I will have Potted shrimps and mashed potatoes."

"And I will have a chicken sandwich and chocolate milkshake."

"As usual," Niall giggled silently, shaking his head.

"Shut up," I smiled, thanking the waiter as he left our table.

To celebrate Nialls success, we have decided to dine out at a restaurant today. Although I felt bad for leaving Harry behind, I had to come here for Nialls sake, and also, I was feeling way to guilty to deny.

Somehow, Harry seemed to be convinced and didnt look that upset when we left.

"So, tell me how have you been?" Niall asked after a few silent minutes passed.

"Nothing extra ordinary, just regular stuff," I shrugged nonchalantly,

For some reason, telling Niall about Harry and I did not seem like a good idea.

We talked about random stuff for a while, and soon our food arrived on the table. Niall was looking a bit nervous, and a bit awkward too. I just hope he doesn't mention what he saw in my room, Or better if he didn't see exactly what was going on.

After a few moments of silence, Niall puts his spoon down and clears his throat.

"I have something important to tell you."

Oh, Fuck no.

I almost chocked on my milkshake, but quickly composed myself.

I didnt utter a single word in response, I was frozen on my spot.

The temperature in the room suddenly dropped a few degrees.

How the hell will I get out of this without hurting anyone or myself?

"I have known you for a long time," He started after taking a deep breathe.

Universe, if you give one damn about me, please make this stop.

Or kill me, always the best option.

"And I have always considered your problems as mine," Niall was saying.

"So naturally, I knew that if there was a chance that I might be able to help Harry, who concerns you directly or indirectly, I will go beyond myself to be able to help.

Oh thank god, Thank universe, yay !

I have spent a lot of my time in the past few weeks trying to learn about the Irish legends of turning people invisible and immortal with black magic. Along the way of searching and searching, I seem to have found something even deeper." Niall was visibly getting tensed with every word that he spoke.

"So The thing is, uh – that I... umm."

"Niall, its okay, go on." I tried to give him a boost while taking his hands in mine. In the last few years that I have spent with him, he has never been nervous before saying anything to me, Anything at all.

This was the first time I was seeing Niall so twitchy and unsure. It has to be something serious.

"Yeah, okay. Just keep an open mind okay?" He took another deep breath, and one more.

I nodded at him, gripping his hand tighter in mine.

"So, I went to my grandma in Ireland and talked to her about this. She gave me a blurry but almost to the point idea that the legend is true. And a very few people know how to do it, she is one of them. Sadly, she doesnt know the reverse, but she knows that there is one way. So, she gave me a few references where I could go and ask. One particular man was now living in the suburbs of Ireland, alone in his house. When I went to meet him, he seemed like a guru of some sort, and he listened to what I had to say. After sometime, he asked me to put my hands in his. And when I did, he asked me to close my eyes."

Niall stopped for a bit, and took a few breathes.

"He took me in the past. It started like a movie in my head. And soon, I realized that... I. That I was Oh god this is hard."

"You what, Niall?" I asked, unable to control my curiosity and anxiety at this point.

"I am Cian."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

*drumroll*

I hope ya'll like this one, do tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to give it a vote !

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Meera.