Chapter 44

He froze at first, but after a moment or two, his arm snucked around my waist and he kissed me back.

It was just like that night at new year, but a lot more better. I didn’t want to hold back anymore. Maybe, he was right. Maybe, I should allow myself to love again.
Maybe, he’ll teach me how to do it.

But he is a 200 year old immortal.

What if he gets bored of me?

Oh fuck. I was spiralling.

But his lips felt so good against mine, it took a lot of effort to pull away from him.

“I am sorry, I shouldn’t have –“ I started to speak but Harry put his finger on my lips, swiftly shutting me up.

“Shh... don’t think, just enjoy the moment Violet.” His voice was barely above a whisper, and he was staring at my eyes, locking me under his intense gaze.

He leaned closer to me, and closed his eyes again.

“Forget everything tonight.” He softly, almost nervously touched his lips to mine, waiting for my consent.

“Harry, I can’t.” I felt my heart starting to melt because of the proximity.

“You are way more stronger than you think, love.” Our lips brushed against each other’s as he whispered.

I stared at his closed eyes, his eyebrows were knitted together in concentration.

Maybe, I can.

Because a voice inside me was screaming at me to close my eyes and take the step. I know Harry wouldn't hurt me, atleast not intentionally.

But you're breaking your promise.

I felt a tear start to roll down my cheek as I looked down. It fell on Harry's palm which was settled in between our bodies.

He frowned and opened his eyes to look at me, softly pushing my chin to make me look up.

"I am scared."

Another tear rolled down, and the next moment, I was crying.

"Violet.. hey, please don't cry. I am so sorry." He pulled me closer by putting his hand behind my head, his voice getting softer and raspier simultaneously.

We both lost the support of our hands and plopped down on the surface of the bed.

Harry securely wrapped one of his arm around my waist and the other was still at the back of my head.

"There's nothing to be scared of, love. I am with you, right here."

His hand started moving soothingly on my back as he whispered soft words to me.

"I am scared of.. of getting hurt all over again, Harry. The people I was supposed to spend my whole life with left this.. they left this world in front of my eyes. I had not even imagined living without.. them. I have no one to turn to when I.. I am alone. I don't want to go through that.. ag- again." I barely managed to say it while trying hard not to break apart.

"But what if you find someone you could turn to when you feel lonely ? Think about being able to spend the rest of your life with someone who would love you more than anything in this world, who you could share your happiness with. Don't you want that ?" Harry said softly, still rubbing my back up and down with his palm.

"It's too good to be true."

"Oh god.. no darling, it can happen. It will happen. All you need to do is give a chance." He pulled back to look at me as he said this, softly pushing my hair away from my eyes and caressing my cheek.

I closed my eyes and sighed, rubbing my cheek over his palm, feeling the soothing touch of his skin against mine.

Should I give it a chance ?

Maybe.

This is a huge risk, but it might even be worth it.

I didn't know what to say now.

The calming motion from Harry's hand on my back continued, and I swear I almost purred like a cat.

I have never felt this content and  warm in my whole life.

Before I knew it, my thoughts started spiralling into oblivion and I fell asleep, snuggling into Harry's chest.

I think it might have been my dream, but I felt a softest touch on my forehead after a while, followed by the sound a content sigh.

- - - - - -

It took just a few minutes for Violet to fall asleep in Harry's arms. To be honest, Harry was beyond content.

He felt his heart break for this beautiful girl all over again. She didn't deserve what happened at all, she deserved all the happiness in the world.

She is not scared of anything. Not invisible people such as himself, not assholes like Jack, people like Susan, bullies like Emma, and a lot. She never took anyone's shit over her, she always fought bravely.

But the moment Harry tried to kiss her again, her eyes reflected pure horror.

She was terrified to love.

But Harry was determined to make her feel secure to fall in love. He knows that you cant live without love. He has spent years and years without it.

He might be unable to die, but a lot of times, he has felt his soul start to lose pieces of it with time.

He was determined to not let that happen to Violet.

He followed his urge and planted a soft yet powerful kiss on her forehead, trying to put a bandage on her wounds.

Although, he was very glad that Violet was atleast starting to open up. Without asking, Violet opened up about her past and told him whatever she was feeling. The walls she had built were falling down.

He so desperately wanted to take all of her pains away. He thought she will forget it all if she kissed him, but it wasn't that simple.

He unknowingly pushed her, so much that she started crying. She had tears in her eyes because of him and he hated himself for it.

He hated the fact that the girl he loved was in pain because of him.

Yes, he was in love with her. He had realised about his feelings the day he saw Zayn trying to kiss her outside the house.

Since then, everyday, his love for her has only increased.

He would do anything to make her learn to love again.

For now, he closed his eyes and pulled her closer, inhaling the sweet smell of her hair and committing this night to his memory.

Just for ring of it and his heart's desire, he whispered the words out loud, trying to feel them hanging over them in the air.

'I am in love with you, Violet Adams.'

______________________________________

Ah, my heart ! 😭😢

What do you think of this chapter? Tell me in the comments and dont forget to give this chapter a vote if you think it's good enough.

Also, get ready to fall in love with Harry all over again as he tries to teach Violet how to love again... 😍

Sincerely,
Meera.