Chapter 17

Without saying a single word, Harry turned around and walked back in the house, leaving the door slightly open.

I silently followed him.

We reached my room silently so as to not wake Susan or Aunt Judy by mistake.

Harry didn't even turn around to check if I was following and went straight inside the room, and faced the window, standing tensely.

I softly shut the door and walked towards him.

"Who was that guy ?" He asked, no hint of sarcasm or humour in his voice.
It was actually frightening, seeing him all soft and goofy and then suddenly so cold and sincere.

"Zayn, he's in my school," It felt very familiar to a parental interrogation, but I was too tired to bring my inmer feminist out right now.

"So you have known him for like, 3 days and you still trust him enough to bring you home at.." he stopped and glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand. "1:30 a.m.?"

He turned around to face me after finishing his question.

I wish he hadn't.

His eyes had turned a darker shade of green, showing no warmth like I remember just a few hours ago.

"No, it's not like that. Nichole and Andrea lives quite far from here and also they were a bit drunk so their friend Louis will drop them home because they all live closer. That's why Zayn had to drop me home." I said patiently as I removed my shoes and loosened my hair from the high ponytail. Ah, it feels like heaven.

"That doesn't really answer my question. How did you trust that guy ?"  He was still very tense, jaw still clenching, arms still fold across his chest.

"I did not, okay? He looked harmless enough. And also, did I have any other option?" I slightly raise my tone, although that's the last thing I wanted to do.

With that, I turn around and head to my dresser, taking out a few make up removers and cleaning my face with it.

"Do you even know how stressed I was ? You were not answering your phone, you didn't even tell me your exact location when you left. Didn't I tell you to call me if you need anything, Violet?" Harry walked a few steps towards me, his voice sounding colder with every word.

I walk in the attached bathroom, changing into my pyjamas as he spoke.

"And say what ? Hello, Harry. Can you please get your invisible ass here and pick me up without anyone noticing your invisibility ?"

I knew I shouldn't have said it. I knew it the moment I started speaking. But my mind never really controls my words these days.

I opened the door and saw Harry standing right in front of it.

Harry kept staring at me for a few seconds,looking like he can't believe what I just said.

"I don't know why I even bothered.." he turned his face away from me, walking towards the bed. His tense body now looked tired.

"I am sorry Harry, that was out of line. I shouldn't ha -" I followed him, not being able to control it, I finally sat at the edge of my bed but he didn't let me finish.

"No, don't apologise. I shouldn't have cared so much, you are not a kid anyway.. and ofcourse, I am not your dad." He said coldly, but his body froze as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

My heart skipped a beat at his words, hands suddenly feeling sweaty, eyes stinging. A sign that I was about to cry.

"Go." I whispered. It was loud enough for him to hear. And firm enough for him to understand that he can't say anything now.