Chapter 47

What the fuck?

I sat frozen at my spot, not knowing what to do.
After a few moments, I decide to go after him.

There's no need to fight here, is there ?

I climbed up the stairs and knock on the horizontal door which to my surprise, was closed.

"It's open." Harry's monotonous voice answered.

I pushed it open and entered the room.

He was sitting on his bed, doing something in his phone.

"Harry, what was all that for ?" I asked, folding my hands over my chest.

He sighed and looked up from his phone at me, keeping it aside.

"Come here," he said softly, patting the space beside him.

I silently walked and sat down on his bed, keeping a noticable distance between us.

"I didn't mean to snap at you like that, but I would really appreciate if your friend minds his own business." He said calmly.

"But he's just trying to help you, why are you so irritated with him ?" I asked, still not getting the earlier outburst of his.

"Because I don't like him, okay? How hard is it to get?" He explodes, speaking with hand gestures.

"He is my only best friend, Harry. And I am not seeing any reason why you should hate him." I say calmly.

In any argument, the calmer you are, the stronger your point becomes.

"Oh god, you are so naive sometimes, Violet." He said, shaking his head as if he has no hope left in me.

"I am naive ?" I am seconds close to lose my calm.

"You are the one acting like a child here." I add, trying to sound calmer and more sarcastic.

"Acting like a child ? Oh come on," he scoffed, running his hand through his hair.

"I don't understand why do you trust him so much. How long have you known him, 5 years ?" He asks, speaking as if I am the most stupid person alive.

"Yeah, and five years is a long time." I answered.

"Okay, it is a long time. But what all do you know about him ?" He asked challengingly.

"Almost everything."

He stared at me for a few moments, and then huffed, and looked down at his hands.

"I don't like him and that's the end." He murmured after a few seconds of silence.

"I want to know why don't you like him and then it'll end." I said, not backing off yet.

"I am not answerable to you. So please tell your friend to mind his own business, there's no need to barge in and start solving problems."

His voice turned monotonous as he spoke.

I was beyond irritated at this point.

"Why are you suddenly acting like this ? Niall is just selflessly trying to help you,and I don't understand what is so annoying in that. Also, why are you always irritated whenever his name --"

Before I could complete my sentence, Harry smashed his lips to mine, shutting me up.

My eyes widened and heartbeats increased. I couldn't breathe for a while.

But just how I remember, Harry's lips felt so soft against mine, moving in sync.

This kiss was a different one, he wasn't holding himself back, and was not at all nervous and unsure. It was as if he was conveying something through the it, trying to prove something.

I closed my eyes and relaxed, drowning  in the amazing feeling.

Harry stopped and rested his forehead against mine, breathing heavily.

His eyes opened after a while, and eyebrows frowned.

"Because he looks at you as if you are the centre of his universe."

Woah.

"I know I am probably wrong. But it looks like that to me." He shrugged, suddenly getting awkward.

"Yeah, you are wrong." I nodded, ans stood up.

"I am gonna go and finish my homework." I say, not even looking at him and exiting his room.

He didn't stop me, I wish he did.

He looks at you as if you are the centre of his universe.

Ofcourse Niall looks at me like that, he has been in love with me since the day we met.

But how the hell did Harry realise this ?

Niall never got the courage to confess his feelings out loud. Maybe, because I never gave him any opening.

Also, he knows about my past, and understands my issues. Never, has he ever tried to bring up my past or things that makes me uncomfortable.

He has been a silent support through all these years.

I came to know about his feelings aftee a few months of our meeting at the foster home. I may have acted like I don't observe things but I do.

But I didn't want to lose him. That's why I never let him confess. After a few years, he had stopped trying.

And I assumed that he has moved on.

Turns out he hasn't.

_________________________________________

A shorter chapter today, but a revealing one.

Niall is in love with Violet !!

What do you think about this shocking turn ? Tell me in the comments and do give it a vote..

Sincerely,
Meera.