Chapter 41

It's 6 a.m.

"Purple, hurry up or you'll make me miss the train!" Niall squeals for the third time.

He has to attend a food festival in Birmingham today.

So I offered to drop him to the station, but now I am wishing he took a cab.

"You could've woken up early." I roll my eyes at him and take a sharp turn.

If I get a ticket, I am going to physically strangle him.

"Shut up and drive." Niall snaps playfully, accepting his fault.

"Little shit," I smirk, knowing he hates when I say it.

"Purple. You are okay, right ?" Niall asks after a few silent moments pass.

"Yeah, ofcourse!" I answer, looking at him for a moment and turning back to look at the road.

"Is there something else I should know about Harry?"

"What do you mean? I already told you everything about him."

"You told me his story, yes. But what do you think about all this ?" He said, turning his body to face me.

"Well, it took me a few days to trust him, but now I truely believe he is not lying."

Thank god I am driving and I don't have to look at him in the eyes, he would have surely guessed there is something else going on.

Wait, is there something else going on ?

I don't fucking know.

"What made you trust him in such a short time ?" He asked, knowing how hard it is for me to trust someone.

"Well, for starters, he has no shadow. And I asked him to come to school with me one day, and nobody could see him. He doesn't detect in a camera either."

"Oh."

He was silent after that, lost in his own thoughts.

Thankfully, we reached the station on time and he left for Birmingham.

"Bye Purple, I'll be back in 2 days."

"Okay, bye Nialler." I smile, giving him a hug.

After he went, it was almost time for school, so I directly drived to school.

- - - - - -

There is a party tonight.

But I denied the invitation.

I needed, no.. I wanted to be with Harry tonight.

I know he is a little upset, although he doesn't say anything. Just one look at his eyes is enough to know that there is a storm of thoughts running in his brain, and he is extremely disturbed and unstable.

"Hey," I say tiredly and sit on my bed beside him with a sigh, and then pushed myself back so that I could lay down.

"Hi love," he smiled at me, after a long time.

He was sitting with crossed legs, a book in his hand.

"Tired ?" He asked after a while, judging from my expressions.

"Like hell," I sigh and shift my head to rest in his lap. I know it might make things awkward, but I desparately wanted some comforting words to feed my tired soul.

I really hate waking up early, and the day I wake up before 8, my soul and heart gets tired.

"Take a short nap, will help you."

As he spoke, his hand moved to rest on my head, softly moving his fingers through my scalp.

I sighed contently at that.

He must have known how I hate waking up early, that's why he suggested to take a nap because that's exactly what I needed to hear.

His hands worked magic in my hair, so I closed my eyes and focused on his movements.

"Don't stop," I said, almost grunted when he stopped his movements after a while.

"Okay," he chuckled and continued.

And before I know, I was fast asleep.

When I woke up an hour later, Harry's hand was still there on my head, but his movements had stopped.

I shifted slightly and looked at his face. His eyes were closed, and lips slightly parted as he breathed slowly. He had fallen asleep as well.

His face looked so carefree, and young when he slept. Almost like a normal 18 year old who has not lived 200 years already.

I realised that his muscles are going to pain if he keeps sleeping in this position. So I got up as softly as possible and uncrossed his legs, then I pulled him a bit to make him sleep horizontally.

He woke up slightly due to the moments.

"Go back to sleep Harry, I am just moving you a little." I say softly.

He was still half asleep, so he just nodded and shifted himself.

After putting  covers over him, I started to move to the couch so that I could finish my homework but as soon as I turned, Harry held my hand to stop me.

"Please stay," his eyes were closed but the amount of vulnerability in his voice raised goosebumps on my skin.

Maybe, he didn't really know what he was speaking as he was almost unconscious. But still, I had to climb in and sleep beside him.

He pulled the covers over me after I settled beside him.

"Perfect," he whispered softly, as if it was supposed to be just a thought.

And next, he kept his hand around me, trying to stay closer.

I didn't know why I didn't feel disgusted or uncomfortable at all.

I felt content.

And it scared me to my core.

______________________________________

Yeah, I know it was a short and extremely slow chapter.. but I can assure that the next one will be great.

Don't lose faith yet 😊

And do tell me what you think in the comments and give it a vote !

Sincerely,
Meera.