Chapter 20

I thought the ride back home would calm me down, but instead, it did the complete opposite.

I imagined punching and kicking Emma, throwing her down from a cliff, drowning her in an ocean, chocking her with my own bare hands, and all different ways to harm her. I always used to feel relaxed after letting my imagination run wild.

But as  it did the opposite today, I was even more infuriated than before.

I luckily didn't run into Susan or Aunt Judy as I made my way to my room.
Unknowingly, I slammed my door shut and walked right to my bed.

The only way I know to take my anger out after my first trick of letting my imagination run wild is screaming.

I rarely needed to do it because the first way almost always worked.

I buried my face into the pillow and prepared to scream.

"Hey, I made you a sandw- Woah Violet !"

The moment I let the scream out of my throat, Harry walked in the room.

He must have heard the muffled version but it was still pretty loud.

I felt my throat turning scratchy as I finished.

Now that did the job.

"Violet, what's wrong?" Harry started panicking.

He quickly put the plate on the nightstand and sat next to me. His palm resting on my back as he rubbed comforting circles on it.
I  noticed that he was wearing a black button down shirt today, the top few buttons were open. His collarbones were slightly visible from the shirt. How can someone make their collarbones look so attractive ?

"I was angry," I say in a scratchy tone,  feeling the pain in my throat.
My hand instinctively went and rubbed my neck.

"But why did you scream ? You could have just took deep breathes or ran a shower."

Oh.

"I couldn't think of anything else," I said, wincing at the last part.

"Okay, now I need you to stop speaking. Just give me five minutes, I'll heat you some water." He said, still rubbing my back softly.

I nodded.

He stood up and opened a small cabinet beside the mini fridge and took out an electric kettle.

In less than 2 minutes, he warmed the water and poured it in a glass.

"Drink this, you'll feel better."

It did feel very pleasing to my throat.

"Thank you, Harry."

"Don't mention it, love. Now do you want to talk about it?" He sat on the ground on his knees, facing me. I put the glass on night stand and look at his face.
It was oddly comforting to look at his face.

He put his hands over mine, as if saying 'I am here with you.'

So I told him.

I said everything starting from the day I met Zayn and Emma intruded, showing that video to this day, when Emma showed both of the videos.

I feel myself getting worked up again as I recall it all.

I also notice how all this while, Harry had a neutral expression on his face. His hands were still holding mine, rubbing my knuckles in a calming motion.

I soon realised that I shouldn't have said this. He will take it all on himself.

"There's no way anyone needs to mendle in my life like that." I finished, trying to put spotlight on Emma's work than on Harry's invisibility.