Chapter 32

"Violet." It took me a while to notice the soft murmur over my loud cries.

I quickly stopped, still hiccupping and sniffing uncontrollably.

I didn't turn around to face him, but I hugged myself even tighter, clutching the frame hard to my chest. I almost shrunk my body into a ball, trying to protect myself from I don't know what.

I sensed Harry moving towards me, he sat down.

I still didn't look up to meet his eyes, I was embarrassed.

"Harry.. just go." I managed to whisper just loud enough for him to hear it.

"I am with you."

Just four words.

Just four words and I felt all the walls I had so carefully built around myself fall down.

I was at my most vulnerable state, in front of someone.

I broke my promise.

"Harry," I helplessly whisper, physically feeling the pain now.

I finally turn around, but still couldn't look at his face. He immediately wraps his around around me protectively, caressing my hair as he does usually.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, so I nuzzle my face in his chest and hold him as if my life depended on it.

And then, I let it all go.

I cried like a baby, clutching his biceps as he held me tight against his chest.

For a while, he didn't speak anything. He just let me cry.

He kept caressing my hair in a calming action, it felt good.

"Shh, Violet.. It's going to be alright."

"No Harry, it's never...going to be alright."

I used to feel so angry when someone said those words to me, but this time, I just feel defeated. And tired.

"It's okay, I'll be with you. We'll come out of this together." He said patiently.

His voice had turned softer than usual.

"No," A fresh wave of tears came over me when I realised what he was saying.

I pushed him softly and shifted a bit to bring some distance between us.

"For the last time Harry, I don't want you..  to.. to be here." I said in the harshest tone possible,

I stood up from my spot and stepped back.

It was wrong.

Harry is just trying to help.

But I am not going to attach myself to anyone. It just brings pain.

I have to build my walls again, as soon as possible.

"Violet, Please. I can help you, but only if you let me in."

He sounded helpless but at the same time, determined.

He is not going to back off easily.

"I don't need your help. Just go away."

Don't cry goddammit!

"You'll hurt yourself more like this."

"I don't care, PLEASE JUST GO." I raised my voice to make myself clear.

"No."

I freezed at that, not being able to come up with a reply.

So I just turned around and walked to the balcony, I needed air.