Chapter 59

I woke up snuggled in Harry's arms.

After I came back up and found Harry sleeping on the couch out in the balcony, I couldn't resist joining him.

And that's how I ended up falling asleep for two hours on the small couch, wrapped in Harry's arms securely.

I raised my head and glanced up to look at Harry and let out a small gasp when I saw him looking a me already.

Ah, those eyes.

"Hey sleepyhead." He cooed softly, making me smile and snuggle my head in his shoulder.

He chuckled at my reaction, tightening his arms around me.

"I love you so fucking much."

Oh fuck, did I say that out loud ?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Judging how Harry is frozen and not breathing after one sharp inhale, I think I did say that out loud.

Damn you, Violet !

I closed my eyes tight, wishing that it's just a dream.

But it wasn't.

"What ?" He said after a few silent minutes.

I could hear my heart beating at full speed as my breathing turned shallower.

Oh come on, this is not how it was supposed to be !

I dared to open my eyes and slowly look up at his face.

Mistake.

Huge mistake.

I immediately turned my gaze away.

He was looking at me with wide eyes, skin paler than usual, and mouth slightly open in surprise.

"Did you.. really say wh.. what I think you said ?" He asked again stuttering nervously, his expressions getting dreamy.

Oh how I wish it was just that, a dream.

"Umm.. yes ?"

"Fuck."

Woah. He swore.

"Wow."

He was spellbound. And he kept staring at me like he can't believe it, like he thinks he is in a dream.

It just makes me more nervous to my very core, making me look down at my hands instead of looking up at him.

"I love you too, Violet. I love you too, so fucking much."

My heart stops beating for a second when I hear that. And then it starts beating rapidly, like a bird fluttering it's wings.

He started squealing like a teenage girl, not even realising that he is swearing.

Who cares though.

I smiled giddily at him as he got up from the couch and walked over to the edge of the balcony.

"I LOVE YOU VIOLET !!" He shouted at the top of his voice, spreading his arms like Jack Dawson in titanic when he shouts 'I am the king of the world'.

Time literally stopped at that moment.

His smile, the way his eyes were shining, everything was just perfect. I mentally clicked a picture of him, never wanting to delete it from my memory.

"AND I -" I started to shout but then realised that people can hear me.

"Love you too, Harry."

So I continued in a small whisper and finished my sentence, smiling ear to ear.

His smile widened at that, arms still open in invitation.

Without thinking twice, I took two quick strides and threw myself right in his arms.

He gladly received me, hoisting me up in the air while smiling goofily at me.

Wow ! I don't think I have ever been this happy.

I smiled back, to an extent that my cheeks started to hurt.

"Say it again," he whispered.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he answered, almost as if speaking a prayer.

He then softly put me down on the floor and cupped my face with his hands, looking at me with so much love that O had to look down.

But the grip of his hands on my cheeks didn't allow me to do that.

"Oh, Violet." He said with a pained expression and leaned in to connect his lips with mine.

Time stopped again, fireworks exploded, the entire universe applauded when it happened.

I smiled in the kiss, making him stop and smile back. And join our lips back together in one the next moment.

"Am I dreaming ?" He whispered softly after we pulled apart.

"No, my angel you certainly aren't." I chuckled, moving my hands in his hair.

He smiled, leaning in amd resting his forehead on mine.

"Why suddenly this ?"

"Not that I am complaining or anything. It's just so out of the blue." He quickly explained when I didn't answer right away.

"I kinda heard what you were saying last night." I confessed, still not able to stop smiling.

"Oh," he said, expressions a mixture of embarrassment and happiness.

"It sounds so beautiful. I love you, Violet." He said, smiling from ear to ear.

My heartrate was still as fast, but I was now calm, feelings overwhelming me from all the directions.

"I know, I love you too Harry." I said, feeling peaceful under his loving gaze.

He put his arms around me and pulled me in a warm hug, inhaling deeply.

"God, I can't believe this." He let out a breathy laugh into my shoulder, his hand roaming on my back soothingly.

"Me neither." I said, inhaling deeply and resting my face on his shoulder, feeling absolutely content.

Right there, in that moment, I knew what love really is.

It's simple.

Love is happiness.

Finally, I had found mine.

___________

Shorter chapter, but necessary for the plot.

What do you think ?

Do tell me in the comments.

And give it a vote !

Sincerely,
Meera.