Chapter 14

Harry's eyes opened to a familiar ceiling.

It took him a few moments to realize that although the ceiling was familiar, it was not the one he woke up to since last few days.

His still sleepy eyes wandered around and finally landed on a hairy mess, sleeping peacefully in his arms. Their legs tangled with each other's.

That's when he remembered what happened last night. After about 200 years, Harry had shared his problem to someone. At first it all felt so strange and weird, he didn't know how to put all his feelings into words. It had been 2 centuries since he had talked to someone, let alone share his entire story.
But as he started speaking, he gradually felt comfortable. He felt Violet's hands gripping his own. She squeezed his hands every once in a while, letting Harry know that she was listening, she was there.
That's what gave him courage to go on.

What he had not expected was the hug. It took him almost 2 minutes to get out of the shock of someone not only touching him, but literally taking him in their arms and hugging him tightly. He had almost started crying when he hesitantly wrapped his own arms around her waist. The last time someone had hugged him was Caira, after his father Edward had passed away.

Since the first time when Harry had seen Violet softly crying to herself in the balcony, he knew that Violet was a strong girl. She had her own opinions and although she was very awkward, she always stood by what she believed was right.

She was never scared of anything. Even that morning, when Harry had informed that he was not visible to people, she was not scared. She had quickly glanced around the room and her eyes had lingered on some specific which Harry is sure could be used in self defence.

Harry had travelled the whole world in the past years, but never did he see someone who was equally strong and passionate.

He had taken his time to read Violet's expression last night, and he was certain at that moment that she believes him. There was no doubts in her eyes like everytime, just sorrow and thousands of questions.

And he was willing to answer each and every one of them.

For now, he sighed and closed his eyes, trying to savour the feeling of being in someone's arms.

- - - - - -

I felt two strong arms around me even before I woke up.

I opened my eyes a little to peek at Harry who was asleep.

Our position had subconsciously changed during the night, my head was resting on his chest, one arm around his abdomen and legs tangled together. Both of his arms were holding me tightly, as if he was afraid I would suddenly disappear.

I tried to untangle myself, but his grip was too strong. It felt very uncomfortable now, as compared to last night. Things change when daylight falls on them.

"Harry ?" I whispered, trying to wake him up.

He slightly stirred slightly, but didn't wake up.

"Harry ? Wake up," I tried again, louder this time.

He frowned slightly, looking like an angel as soft sunrays fell on his face, casting a slight shadow on his features.

He opened his eyes slowly, blinking it a few times as they focused on mine.

I felt a few butterflies starting to fly in my stomach at his intense gaze.

Damn, his eyes.

He awkwardly loosened his grip and eventually untangled himself from me.

"Good morning,"

Oh god, his voice.

It was deeper than usual, which is the extreme level of deepness of any voice.

"Good morning," I answered.

"So what will you do today?" He asked, stretching a bit and yawning after finishing his question.

I realised it was saturday today, which is very good because I had no energy left to face anyone at school today. It would take a few days to overcome the embarrassment.

"Haven't decided, I just want to sleep for.." I turned my head to the nightstand and glanced at the digital clock, 8:15 a.m

"Two more hours."

"You sleep a lot for a normal human being, not that I am judging or something" He chuckled, turning his body facing me and plopping his head on his arm.

"Yeah, I am aware." I mumbled burying my face in the pillow and signaling that the conversation is over.

He giggled at that.

It sounded beautiful.

"Hey, one last thing," I felt a tap on my shouleder when I was about to fall asleep again.

"Hmm ?"

"When are you going to unpack all your stuff ?"

"Now that, is a very disturbing question." I turned my face to look at him.

He giggled again, just as beautiful.

I wish he did that often.

I still have all those unanswered questions I needed answers of. And I will ask all of them, but not now.

For now, I'll just hear his giggles.

___________________________________

Aww, the feels ! ❤😍

I think this chapter contains a lot of fangirling over Harry.

Anyway, do tell me your views on it in the comments and please vote !!

Also, I would like to make a shoutout to rose_gold_cinnamon for making 2 beautiful covers for this book.

This,

And

Aren't they just perfect ?!

Thank you so much, love ❤😊

Sincerely,
Meera.