Chapter 69

Almost two weeks have passed since my conversation with Niall.

This entire time, Harry has somehow grown very distant from me, and with my finals coming up, I have been too busy studying to do something about it. Although I don't think I would have been able to do anything even if I tried.

That same nightmare of Mr. Walter shooting Harry on his head has been recurring every night. And that is the only time when Harry holds me close to him and whispers affirmations in my ear, and kisses my forehead.

The selfish and twisted part of me is somewhere happy about the nightmares just because of this reason.

I haven't told him about the nightmare, but I think he knows what it's about because I generally wake up screaming either his name, or begging Mr. Walter to leave him, or both.

We have Math exam tomorrow, and it's my birthday.

One thing I absolutely love about my birthday is that it comes during finals, so no one tortures me into throwing a party. Everyone is sleep deprived and running on caffeine, and therefore, limelight never finds me.

Although, this year I am not particularly thrilled about my birthday, I am turning 18 by the way, which means I can live on my own now.

But I dont think I should leave Judy here alone. Wait, that's not what I was going to think for now.

Oh, yes, Harry. So being so distant with Harry, I don't particularly expect anything.

Which is why, I woke up with a gasp when I heard a guitar strumming quietly.

"Happy Birthday to youuuuu," I heard Harry's voice singing softly near me.

When I turned my face towards him, I think my eyes watered a bit.

There he was, sitting cross legged on the bed, a guitar in his hands which I had no idea he knew how to play.

"Happy Birthday to youu, Happy Birthday dear Violettttt,"

Ah, his voice.

"Happy Birthday toooo youuuuu," He finally looked up at me, with that breathtaking smile that I haven't seen in a very long time.

"Happy birthday, baby." He put the guitar aside and leaned down to kiss me.

A soft, passionate, time stopping kiss.

It felt so good that I actually started crying.

"Woah, why are you crying?"

"Nothing, I just.. love you so much." I smiled through the tears, and got up, throwing myself into his arms. At some point, I was literally straddling him, but who cares?

"Thank you, Harry" I said sincerely, and kissed him again.

Damn, I missed kissing him.

"You're welcome, darling." Harry tenderly cupped my face between his palms, his eyes locked with mine. He kept staring at me for a while, with a pained expression. As if loving me was painful.

It was, loving him was just as painful. I never knew I had the capacity to love someone to this extent. I am almost scared of what I would do for him.

"I love you," He whispered quietly, leaning in and touching my forehead with his.

"I love you too," I almost spoke into his mouth, closing my eyes.

I wish I could stop the time.

We spent the next few minutes in each other's arms.

Later, Harry announced that he has baked a cake, which to my utter surprise, looked very much professional.

"Just one of the many talents of His Royal Highness Prince of England," He said, smirking.

Together, we finished the whole chocolate cake in an hour.

And then we fell asleep, talking about the universe and stars.

________________

I spent the first half of the day at school, and the Math test surprisingly turned out easier than I expected. And then we decided to go out this evening. Atleast I was saved from throwing a party.

And the best part is that I don't have any exam now, but everyone else does.

So I am free, and I don't have to throw a party.

What a great birthday!

Fast forward to the evening, we went to Niall's restaurant.

One, so that Niall can join us, and Two, we get a heavy discount.

"Cheers to 18!!" Niall shouted as he popped the champagne open.

Everybody cheered as well.

There was only one missing piece. Harry.

I insisted a lot but he didn't want to come. He said there's something he needed to arrange while I was gone. And it didn't seem like he was just saying that. He genuinely didn't want to come.

Within an hour, we were all pretty tipsy.

The food was extra ordinary, and as Niall was with us, we even got a separate party room to ensure privacy.

At 9, we all bid farewell. Everybody had tests tomorrow, and as it was a school night, they also had curfew.

Niall insisted on dropping me home, he wanted to meet Harry.

But to my surprise, when we reached the main gate of my house, Niall pulled out a blindfold.

"Woah, I didn't know you were into that kinda stuff," I said jokingly, the alcohol still in its effect.

"Fuck off," He laughed, handing me the blindfold.

"Harry asked me to make you wear this and safely take you to the terrace." He answered my unspoken question.

That made my stomach do a summersault.

Honestly, I was a little tired, but that didn't make my enthusiasm to see what Harry had planned any lesser.

We somehow managed to climb up to the terrace, the alcohol in our systems didn't help.

"We're here," Niall whispered as he stepped away from me, then Harry sensor suddenly turned on.

I heard a groan at a distance. Weird.

I felt Harry's hands softly picking up the blindfold from my eyes.

But before he took it off, he leaned in towards my ear.

"I love you, Violet. And I know you're strong." I felt a kiss on my forehead.

Wait, he's not going to do the cure-

"What are-" I started to say, but then he removed the blindfold completely.

It took me a while to adjust to the dim lighting of the terrace, there wasn't any decoration or lighting as I expected.

And then my eyesight focused on a man, tied to a chair, just a few feet away from me.

I took a sharp breathe and felt my heart start to hammer against my chest. And then I heard a faint ringing in my ears.

Sitting in front of me, was Mr. Walter.

_________________________________________________________________

I freaking love cliffhanger chapters.

Comment. Vote and Share.

See ya'll in the next chapter!

Sincerely,

Meera.