Chapter 52

I stare at him for a while, not able to come up with anything to say to him.

A few flashes of that night at Louis' house party make their way in my head, making my blood boil.

"Hey Jake, I hope your balls are okay after Violet kicked them." Nichole broke the silence, making Louis giggle.

Jake's calm and composed expressions changed at that, a dark shadow passing his features as his eyes didn't leave mine.

But it took him just a few seconds to mask it, and the devilish smirk returned on his face.

"I am touched by your concern towards my balls, Anderson. They are perfectly alright." He answered her cockily, still looking at me.

I felt Harry move beside me.

"You touch her again and I'll kill you." He threatened, forwarding towards Jake with aggression.

Before I could stop him or do anything else, Harry had thrown a powerful punch in Jake's face.

And ofcourse, as Jake couldn't see Harry, he was thrown offguard due to the force of the punch.

But he gained his balance sooner than I expected, looking questioningly at me.

"What ? Getting flashbacks of that night ?" Louis spoke up, sarcasm dripping in his tone.

I used the moment of distraction to take a step near Harry and grab his hand, squeezing it tight to let tell him to calm down. He looked at my hand that was gripping his arm at first and than at me, anger still evident in his eyes.

I just closed my eyes and opened them slowly.

I've got this.

"No Violet, he had no right to do what he did to you." He shook his hand, softly taking his arm away from my grip.

I looked over at Jake for a moment, and my eyes locked with his.

"I knew you couldn't have done that all by yourself." He muttered under his breath, taking a slow step towards me.

"Don't make her kick your ass again, Jake." Zayn who was standing a bit closer to me spoke up, taking a protective step towards me.

Too much testosterone around me.
I repeat, there's too much testosterone around me.

"Okay that's it." Harry said, his voice going colder as he spoke.

I tried to grip his hand descretely, but he walked towards Jack, his feet going higher from the ground.

As I stared at him, trying to be as cautious as possible, I realised that he was getting higher and higher in the air.

Damn it Harry, don't do something stupid.

"Why don't you leave us, Hudson ?" Liam siad monotonously as Harry stopped and hovered right in front of Jake's head.

Jake being totally clueless, turnes his face to smirk, and opened his mouth to reply.

Just when he was about to speak, Harry held Jake's nose between his fingers.

Oh Harry.

I didn't know if I should laugh or do something to stop him.

I could see Jake starting to panic, his hands instinctively came over his nose, as he opened his mouth to breathe.

Harry left the grip on an instant, making sure Jake won't touch him.

I could see everyone's expressions getting confused and suspicious at the same time.

I need to stop it.

Before Harry could do that again, I stepped up in front of Jake.

"Jake, let's forget everything and call it a truce. Why don't you leave us and not cross paths with me again ?" I stated calmly.

I could see Liam and Andrea nodding in my peripheral vision.

"Shut up Violet, he needs to learn his lesson."

I just frowned at Harry, slowly shaking my head and trying to convey that it's the end of this chapter.

"Yeah whatever, you freak." Jake scoffed, raising his shoulders and twisting his neck side to side as he walked away.

His bruised ego needs stitches now.

"What the fuck just happened ?" Nichole asked confusingly, staring at Jake's figure.

"Let's not let him ruin our day, come on I made sandwiches." Zayn interjects before anyone could answer Nichole.

"Yeah, you're right. Come on Violet." Andrea started walking to our chairs, motioning me to follow her.

Everyone else did the same.

"Violet," I hear Harry say from behind me just when I was about to follow them.

I stopped but didn't turn around, making Harry shuffle across to face me.

I looked at my feet.

"I am going home now, text me if you need anything."

That made me look up.

He looked tired, and defeated for some reason.

I was a little mad at him for what he did. And I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded at him, lowering my gaze to my feet again.

"Okay, bye." He whispered and passed me, without a second glance.

I didn't turn around either.

Instead, I walked ahead.

"I made you a turkey sandwich." Zayn said with a smile, patting the empty spot next to him for me to sit.

I smiled back and joined them.

For once, I was not thinking about Harry.

We ate a lot, and even drank beer tga Louis and Liam had bought.

It was a fun day.

As a group, I feel like we came closer than before. And I was entirely focused on them, not distracted one bit.

And it did feel great.

We stayed until the sun had set, and then went back in the house to change our clothes and catch the train back home.

While taking a shower, I realised that my skin had beautifully tanned, just the way I like. Not too much, but not as pale as before either.

- - - - -

It was still early when we reached home.

Harry was in his room when I entered my room, I wasn't surprised though.

I have no energy left to deal with him right now, all I could see was my bed.

Quickly changing into my pyjamas and washing my face, I got ready for bed.

I'll deal with Harry tommorrow.

I heard footsteps over the ceiling just when I was about to fall asleep.

"Hey,"

Oh god.

Here goes nothing.
_________________________________________

Protective Harry is my favourite ! What do you think ?

Do tell me your views in the comments and don't forget to give it a vote.

Sincerely,
Meera.