Chapter 12

Harry felt his heart shattering into pieces, again.

He folded the letter and kept it back in his pocket with trembling hands.

But he had to be strong now. His father surely won't like it if he shed tears at this point. So he tried his hardest and blinked his tears away, putting his brave face in front.

He followed every custom the parson had said, did everything he was asked to do. After the process, he had to take a bath in holy water that the parson gave him.

It was a sign of purity, he informed Harry.

It was too cold to be normal water, Harry felt the numbness hitting him after every drop of water that touched his skin.

After every custom was done, he bowed his head in front of the parson to seek blessings.

"Long live, Emperor Harry." He smiled kindly at him, touching his head slightly.

He then bid farewell to the parson and left for palace.

Just after the sun had set and the sky turned darker, Harry reached back home safely.

But when he rode towards the main gates of the castle, a few soldiers ran panickly towards him.
He jumped down from the horse, and started walking towards the door as they opened it. He thought they were taking the horse to the stables, but to his surprise, one of them asked other to call the minister as soon as possible.
No one was making eye contact with him, which was strange because Harry always made sure to treat even the simple soldiers with respect.

It looked like they were ignoring him.

"What's the problem ?" He asked to the man standing beside him.

He didn't even glanced at Harry, nevermind answering his question.

Before he could say anything else, the royal minsister arrived, panting because he had been running.

"What happened ?" He asked, to the same man Harry had asked the question to, breathing heavily.

"Prince Harry's horse arrived," the man answered at once, looking at his feet.

What indeed, is happening ?

Harry was shocked and confused and to be honest, a little scared with everything right now.

"Minister, I am right here." Harry stepped exactly opposite to the minister, waving his hands frantically at his face.

But he looked straight through Harry.

Harry glanced at his own body now, seeing himself without any problem.

He didn't know what to do.

Was it a mischief done by his stepbrothers Cian and Brendon ?

There was a possibility, he touched the minister's shoulder.

"Stop acting like I am invisible or someting." Harry chuckled.

But it took him a momemt to realise that all the blood had drained out of the minister's face. He looked like he had seen a ghost.

"You guys are dead," Harry said in a fake angry tone, refering to his stepbrothers.

He quickly ran to the main door of castle and made his way to his brother's rooms.

To his utter surprise, absolutely no one acknowledged his presence.

Cian and Brendon have done a lot of mischievous activities like this before, but never to the extremes where all the people of the castle were involved.

He passed Ciara on his way, he was sure she would not be able to resist acknowledging him.

She stood still, gazing at Harry's parent's painting in the hallway.

"Ciara ?" Harry called softly, breathing heavily because of the running.

She didn't look at him.

"Oh come on, not you too !" Harry wailed, tapping his step mother's shoulder.

She froze at his touch, turned around and looked straight at Harry, but not in his eyes. She looked at Harry as if she a blind but could feel his presence.

That was the moment Harry panicked.

Without giving it another thought, Harry sprinted down the hall towards his brother's rooms.

Once he reached Cian's room, he heared some muffled noices coming from inside.

He didn't open the door, just leaned in and tried to make out the words.

"Yeah, we did it." Brendon's voice came.

"You sure ? He really is invisible now ?" Cian's softer voice asked.

"Yeah, the minister just said that his horse has came back, alone." Brendon answered, sounding closer now.

Before Harry  could even think of a reaction, the door flew open and Brendon stepped out, Cian following behind.

"England us ours now." Brendon said with a devious smile on his face, stretching his arms as if he jas just finished a difficult task.

Cian had the same smirk.

They had no idea that Harry was standing just beside them, listening it all.

Or they might even be knowing that Harry was there, and that must be the reason they were saying all this, to freak him out.

"Okay, stop it you both. I know you are messing with me." Harry said directing at Brendon who was walking with his hands behind his back, hummimg a tune under his breathe.

"Poor guy, he won't even die now, and he might be here somewhere, thinking we are doing some mischief." Cian wondered aloud, walking just like his younger brother.

"Oh yes, Harry ?" Brendon suddenly said in an excited voice, turning his face around in all the directions.

"If you are listening, yes, you are invisible now. And yes, we have done a mischief again. A permanent solution of our problem. Now you'll live till infinity and see how we ruin your father's empire." He continued turning his gaze all over the room.

Harry stopped walking.

He knew that he was panicking, he somehow knew it was true. He had always had a feeling that his brother's despised him.

He never really believed it though.

And now he does.

But he is invisible.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Flashback over

______________________________

What would you do if you suddenly discovered that you are not visible anymore ?

Do tell me in the comments and vote if you liked this chapter !

Sincerely,
Meera.