Chapter 6

“Fuck, that was one hell of a conversation,” I moan to myself after coming in my room and flopping down face front on the bed.

I could use a nap right now.

“You are a way too socially awkward,”
I gasp as Harry’ voice came out of nowhere beside me.

“Jeez, stop scaring me in my own room like this.” I turn my face towards the source of voice, keeping my palm over my heart to feel how fast it was beating. Sure enough he was there, sitting cross legged on the bed near my face.

Why did I not see him anywhere during lunch ?

Did he actually saw everything and heard the conversation ?

Now that, is very awkward.

“Excuse me if you are having the memory capacity of an eagle’s nail,” he said, raising his eyebrows dramatically and smirking.

This guy doesn't smile, he only ever smirks.

“What? Is that even a -”
I already gave up without completing the sentence and snuggled my face inside the cushion.

“Can you let me have a peaceful nap for a bit?” my words came out a little muffled because of the cushion.

“Sure, sweetheart.” he mumbled with a tinge of amusement in his voice.
I didn’t even turn around to see if he went or was still there.

In a few moments, I was fast asleep.

-- -- -- -- --

I have been awake for a few moments now but my body still wants to lie down. Its just 5 p.m. and I have a lot of time to finish homework.

So I start thinking of ways that I could expose Harry while lying down.
So far I have thought of a few ideas and I am sure most of them will surely work. I am going to ignore the no shadow thing which I have decided could be a fluke or have a scientific explanation.

But if by chance Harry is telling the truth, I am not gonna be afraid of him.

There's also one more possibility here. That I have finally became insane. My mind has created this beautiful hallucination to overcome the lonliness I feel sometimes. That's why no one can see or hear him.

I just wish that's not true. I dont want to become mental and go to any kind of hospital.
I just want to live a normal life, and live it in my own terms.
I want to see dreams, and I want to chase them.
I don't want to see an invisible man and work on exposing him.

I certainly can’t ask for anybody’s help here except for Niall who I don’t want to disturb right now because he has his own situations to deal with.

“How long will you keep pretending that you are asleep?”
This time, I do not gasp. I just feel my heart start to race.

“I am not pretending.” I turn my face towards the source of voice and find Harry sitting in the small couch in the corner of the room.

He had a book in his hand.

“So Violet, -”
He stopped midsentence when he saw me positioning my phone to click a picture of him.
When he realized what I was doing, he simply shook his head knowingly and looled down at his book again.

And, he was not visible in the camera.

Why am I not surprised ?

“Do you believe it now?” he had a smile on his face when he said this, a sad one. There was a flicker of hope in his eyes that screamed at me to say yes but my conscious brain had its own opinions.

“Nope,” I smile and get out of my bed.

At this point, I want to believe him. But I know that trusting him is not a right decision. Infact, trusting anyone is not a right decision.
I am not going to trust him that easily.
I don't even have trust on myself right  now. I have done some pretty intense thinking a few minutes ago, so it's not like I would just accept the fact that he is invisible and come to terms with it.

I mean, we live in 21st century for God's sake!

I spent the rest of the evening finishing my school work which was an essay and frequently glancing towards Harry who kept reading his book silently sitting on the same spot in the couch.

I peeked in to read the title but it was not one I had ever heard of.
It's strange, because all I do when I am not studying or sleeping or eating is read. I have been reading books since when I learnt how to read.
Even if I have not read a book, I have always heard it's name.

It's just making me more curious. And it's wrong.

By the time Susan brought dinner, he had finished the novel. And I was still only half way through the essay.

It felt awkward to eat by myself when Harry was just a few feet away, so I offered him to join me to which in my utter disappointment, he agreed.

“So, are you ever going to explain to me about your situation here?” I ask, with my mouth full of pasta so it came out a little muffled.

Damn Susan, you make the best pasta.

“I will, when the right time comes.” he says, randomly playing with the food as he avoided looking at me.

“And when will the right time come?”

I am not leaving this without getting an answer. If he is involved in the plan with Susan, he must have decided on a story and if he is speaking the truth, then there must actually be a story. So either way, he can’t escape answering.

“The right time is when you believe me.” His tone got serious and he looks up, directly at me. His gaze was so intense, it felt like he was staring directly at my soul. I had to look away after a while.

“How about you come to school with me tomorrow?” I said after a while as a mind blowing idea formed in my head.

“What? No way,” He looks horrified by this suggestion, he looks down at his plate again, this time actually eating.

“But why? It’s not like anyone is gonna see you, right?” I said smirking, knowing very well that I have this guy covered from all the directions.

“It’s not that. It's just... Okay, I’ll come with you but on one condition.”

“Harry, it’s you who wants me to believe you; you can’t put a condition on something you want.”

Violet - 1
Harry - 0

“Okay fine, you are one wise lady.” He said with an amused expression on his face.

“Thank you,” I smiled, proud of myself. As usual.

___________

Do you guys believe Harry yet ? Or do you think he is indeed, a fraud or as Violet thinks today, is he just a figment of her imagination ?

Comment to let me know your views on it.
Drop in a like and vote if you liked this chapter.

Sincerely,
Meera.