Chapter 58

I skipped next two lectures.

And by lunch break, I was finished with my essay.

And I was sure that I am in love.

And I didn't know what to do now.

And I might spontaneously combust.

School finished way too slowly today. And as soon as I heard the last bell ring, I was out of the class and rushing to my car.

I am going to tell Harry !

"Hey, Violet!" Zayn called me from behind just as I was about to get in the car and go home.

"Hey." I smiled, praying internally that whatever he has to say is short.

"Can you help me with organic chemistry ? We have this quiz next week and I need a bit of tutoring." He said straight to the point.

"Umm.. yeah, sure. How about we meet at your house this afternoon ?" I smiled, trying to finish the conversation is soon as possible.

I am going to tell Harry !

"Well, I was thinking if you're free, we can go to library and study." He shrugged, looking hopefully at me.

Oh god, no...

"I am so sorry Zayn, my aunt wants some help right now. But as I said, we can meet after that." I said, hoping that he won't see through the lie.

"Oh, okay no problem. I'll call you when I finish my football practise." He said understandingly nodding his head.

"Okay," I smiled.

He walked towards the school after waving at me.

And the next moment, I jumped inside the car. Before anyone else spots me, I am going to run.

But my car had different plans today.

It didn't start.

I checked the gas, it was okay.

I huffed and stepped out.

Oh come on !

I kicked a pebble on the road in frustration and run my hand through my hair.

Okay. Calm down, Violet.

Harry is not going anywhere.

"Violet !" I suddenly heard a voice call from behind me.

It was Liam.

"You're going home, right ?" He asked while marching up towards me.

"Yes but my car won't start." I answered.

"Oh. Let me see if I can do something. He walked towards the car and opened the bonnet, inspecting something inside.

He tightened some wires and checked something for a few moments and then asked me to try to start my car again.

I did, and it still won't start.

I will kill someone if this shit goes on.

"Take my car instead." Liam suggested.

"And also, I needed a favor. Can you please stop by my house and give this laptop to my mom ? Her's broke down and she needs it for a meeting." He said, grabbing his laptop out from his bag.

Why !?

Is is some kind of a cosmic joke ?

"Yeah, sure." I smiled, taking the laptop from his hands.