Chapter 21

It's midnight.

I have been tossing and turning for an hour now, but I don't feel even a little sleepy.

Harry and I spent the day up in his room, discussing books. He has been collecting books since he was 9 years old. So his collection consisted books starting from 16th century till now. I had the happiest time smelling those old books and reading parts of them.

I even bought one down here with me after Harry and I called it a night.

So I don't really mind being up so late. I can just read.

What I do mind is not being able to wake up tomorrow.

I get up pick the book I borrowed from Harry. He said it's one of his favourites. It's about a soldier who dies in a war. But his soul couldn't rest because he couldn't say one last goodbye to his lover. The story weaves through how he manages to meet his lover one last time and bid farewell. It's called 'Adiòs'.

I shuffled into a more comfortable position and opened the first page.

Out of nowhere, a loud shattering voice filled the room.

Oh fuck.

I had accidently knocked the glass off my night stand when I moved.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck" I whisper and bend down to pick the larger pieces first.

I will be so fucking embarrased if Susan comes up here from the sound.

I still remember that day when she looked me dead in the eyes and asked me to never scream in this house again. This was not a scream, but indeed equivalent to it.

I was almost done cleaning up as I picked the last shreds of glass and was sure no one heard it when I hear footsteps behind me.

"What happened ?" Harry's voice said in a raspy tone. He must be asleep when the glass fell.

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake ya ?"

"No, I wasn't asleep yet." He lied smoothly. I could see the messy hair and hear the raspy voice. There's no way he wasn't asleep.

"I knocked the glass accidently."

"But why were you up at this hour?" His eyes glanced at the digital clock and moved back on me.

His hand raised up to run over his messy curls. After he did that, a loose curl fell over his head and the other strands stayed up.

Oh, what a piece of art.

"Umm.. I couldn't fall asleep."

"Oh"

"Come on, lie down. I can help you fall asleep quicker." He said after a few moments.

I don't know how but that sentence sounded so much sexual in an unusual way.

I quickly pushed that thought aside before it could enter my subconsious and eventually on my facial expressions.

I don't think he'll try anything remarkably out of the line.

So I decide to give in and lied down.

He slowly walks to the other side of bed and lies down on the bed beside me. He looked unsure, somehow.
He kept a respectable distance as he slept, facing me. His both arms were folded over his chest, the same pose when he fell asleep on the couch that day.

"Close your eyes."

That's when my heart went crazy. I felt my chest tighten as butterflies made their way in my stomach. I closed my eyes and took a relaxing breathe.