Chapter 23

Some people had already arrived at Louis' farmhouse when we reached. Louis and the boys had gone to buy alcohol and us girls made a stop at Nichole's house to change for party. I wanted to go home and wear my own clothes but Andrea sugested otherwise because my house was quite far from Louis' farmhouse.

So here I am, in a red thigh length dress, curled hair, smokey eyes and red lipstick standing outside the door as we wait for Louis to open the door.

Andrea was wearing her jeans and Nichole's shining black crop top, while Nichole went for a short navy blue dress similar to mine.

"Hey ladies," Louis grinned, looking at each of us.

His eyes stayed on Nichole for a bit more.

We stepped inside the house to see a few boys from the team lounging about with red cups in their hands.

A few of them acknowledged us, a few stared at us from top to bottom. And a particular one stood up and walked towards us.

"Hey," Zayn said, looking only at me.

"You're looking gorgeous." He said as his lips curled from a corner.

His smirk wasn't quite like Harry's. Harry looked cunningly beautiful in a weird way while Zayn looked a bit like proper pervert, no offence.

Although, Zayn's smile was indeed very beautiful.

"Can I get you some drinks, ladies ?" He must have realised that I was not the only one here.

"No offence, but please don't act like a classic gentleman Zayn. We'll get what we want without your help." Nichole rolled her eyes playfully and walked straight to the kitchen.

Zayn giggled at her.

"Come on," Andrea said to me and we followed her.

In about 30 minutes, the party had started in a full swing. The whole basketball team and a few other guys were at their loudest as they danced and hollered at each other.

I cringed at one point when a few boys forced Zayn to chug the whole bottle of beer down in one go. Zayn happily did it.

Countless people started entering the party and soon, the crowd got so big that people started shifting out in the frontyard and some in the backyard that had a beautiful patio and few outdoor game supplies.

After denying first few times, I decided to go on and have atleast a drink or two. If I am letting loose today, I might as well do it wholeheartedly.

Nichole made my drinks exclusively saying ' It's your first official drink so let me have the opportunity to take your alcohol virginity.'

Sometimes, I wonder how this girl's brain works.

I had gulped the first two so fast I felt the burning sensation starting from my throat till it reached my stomach.
So I tried to go slower on the third one, taking small sips and savouring the bitterness.

I started feeling lighter and lighter by every minute, the approximity of so many people stopped bothering me now and I started to enjoy myself.

We were standing in the corner of the living room where people had started dancing now. Louis and the boys shifted the sofas in the backyard so there was enough space for a lot of people.

After a few songs, Nichole was too excited to just stand and watch, so she dragged us all in the middle of the room.

I would have felt a lot more awkward and self conscious if I wasn't under the influence of alcohol. I just closed my eyes and moved my body to the beats. It was as if I was only one in the room. I felt myself smiling for some reason. After a long time I was feeling carefree again.