Chapter 31

My grand aunt was discharged the next afternoon. I spent the morning signing papers and hiring medical staff. There will be two half time nurses, one in night duty and the other during day. We also hired special chef who would cook with the perfect proportions of nutrients Judy has to consume.

The doctor, Mr. Andrews also gave me his assistant's number so that I could call him in any emergency.

And then, we were good to go.

The hospital sent an ambulance to drop Judy back home to be more careful.

Susan decided to take a leave and go back to her hometown, I am quite happy about that to be honest.

After about an hour, everything was settled down. Judy's room had to be organised again to fit some machines. And by the time they set everything up and left, Judy was too tired. She wanted to take a nap, and the nurse had arrived too.

So I left them alone and went in my room, Harry staying with me all this time.

"I could just sleep and wake up next week." I say, falling down on my bed with a thud.

"Why do you always fall on the bed like that? Doesn't it hurt or something?" Harry asks, his mouth filled with chocolate.

I think I'll have to take the chocolates back. He's eating too many.

"No it doesn't, and it feels amazing." I turn my face to look at me so that he could hear my voice.

"That's weird."

He literally put an entire block of chocolate in his mouth after speaking.

"Harry that's way too much of chocolate. I might take your stock back if you go at this speed."

"Okay fine, I won't eat them again,"

"Good."

"Until tomorrow." He giggled.

I shook my head at his silly joke.

I close my eyes for a while, and hear him shuffling around the room.

I fell asleep within 2 minutes.

Rebecca, the nurse (with night duty) called me at 8, asking me to come down for dinner.

My first thought was to deny but then I remembered my decision to spend more time with Judy and said I'll be there in 10.

Harry will eat after everyone shuffles back to their rooms. He eats late every night.

Judy had to eat her dinner in her room, and just juices. So I sat with her and we chatted for a while until she finished her meal.

She asked me to teach her how to use Netflix, so I spent the next hour teaching her how to use it.

After that, she had to sleep.

After making sure things were okay, I went to my room.

"What's for dinner tonight?" Harry asked.

He was sprawled on the bed, friends ready to play on tv.

"Pizza."

I said and plopped down next to him.

"Pizza, why ?"

"Because I couldn't ask the new chef to cook something for me and Susan is not here."

It is even more embarrassing as I say it out loud.

"You could have told me, I am a good chef. And I also have a mini kitchen up in my room." He sounded offended for some reason.