Chapter 25

"What happened, Violet?" His expression were calm, but his voice gave away that he was barely controlling his anger.

"After talking to you, I stepped out of the washroom and he tied a cloth over my eyes. The next thing I knew, he pushed me into a chair and tied my hands." I raised my wrists up to look at them as I spoke.

Before I could react, Harry let out a gasp and held both of my wrists in his hands.

There were nasty red marks where the rope was tied. I think it happened when I was stretching my arms to free myself from the chair.

What surprised me was a deep cut on my knuckles. I didn't realise that when I had punched Jake, a small ring on his nose had stung my knuckles.

Without a word, Harry got up and started shuffling around the room. After a few moments, he came back with a first aid box.

I got up as he settled on the bed beside me, taking out some cotton and antiseptic cream.

To distract myself from the burning sensation that will soon make it's way, I stare at Harry.

He softly applied the cream on my knuckles and kept blowing air over it.
He winced with me after I flinched from pain.

Next, he applied another cream over the red marks on my wrist. He covered both of my wrist slowly and professionally.

I was physically better now.

But mentally, I was overflowing with a lot of different emotions simultaneously. A few memories that I had excellently locked inside my brain were slowly resurfacing.

So I silently got up and started walking to the washroom.

I sensed Harry following me inside, so I kept the door open and walked in. First, I removed all my make up and washed my face, feeling a bit better already. While rubbing the soap on my face, I felt a bit stinging on my cheek.

And that's when I remembered the slap.

My heart rate picked up again, and I looked up to stare at my reflection in the mirror.

Sure enough, there was a handprint. And because of my pale skin, the finger marks were a lot more prominent.

Suddenly, Harry stepped inside as he seemed to notice what where I was looking.

He was quick to raise his hand and place it on my opposite cheek, softly nudging me to look at him.

I reluctantly moved my eyes from the mirror to him.

He had a pained expression on his face, his other hand softly caressed my cheek, being careful to not touch the marks directly.

"I wish I had come earlier," he whispered, not looking in my eyes and just staring at the mark.

"No Harry." I had no strength to tell him that he had come at the right time.

I don't think I would have been able to defend myself enough to escape.

He didn't say anything, just pulled me closer by my waist and hugged me, just like I had after he had told his story.

Both if his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, and his face burried on my shoulder, inhaling deeply and tightening his grip on me.

I felt my heart quicken for the nth time today, but this time it was in a good way.

I felt closer to him, as if my trust on him has strengthened.

My own arms wrapped themselves around his neck as I inhaled deeply, buring my face on his shoulder as well.

For a few moments, we stayed just like that, neither of us ready to leave the embrace yet.