Chapter 13

I realised that Harry had stopped talking now.

But I couldn't bring myself to speak yet, it was all too much to sink in. At one hand, I didn't want to believe a single word that came out of his mouth but on the other, there was nothing I could do except trusting what he said was true. But deep down, I already knew that I trusted every single word he said. I knew that his words could be dishonest, but his eyes couldn't lie, they were screaming at me to believe him. It's just that my brain was too fogged up to make a clear decision.

I glanced down at my hands to suddenly notice that I was subconsciously holding both of his hands in mine, in a death grip. Immediately, I loosened my grip, but didn't let go of his hands. I was physically incapable to do that.

I had a lot of questions. What did he do after finding out that he was invisible ? Did he go back to that church to find out ? What exactly made him dissapear ? Is he really an immortal ?

But one glance at his face, and all my questions came to a halt. He was broken, and alone. He was a fighter, but he didn't know how to fight this battle of his life ? He spent so many years living a lonely life.
I used to think of myself as an unfortunate person, but my lonliness is nothing compared to his. He has been living a life almost similar to mine of last 5 years for decades now.

I can't help but feel sorry for this boy, how hard it all must have been for him?

"Are you okay, Harry?" I ask softly, squeezing my grip on his hands as I spoke.

After a lot of time, he finally looked directly at me, his lips curving into a sad yet beautiful smile.

It seemed like he didn't know what to answer, or, he didn't really know the answer himself.

I tried to search his green irises, they only showed vulnerability.

And I knew, he was not okay.

"I.. dont know, never really asked that question to myself," Harry answered, trying to act nonchalant but failing miserably.

Oh god.

I lift myself up from my sitting position and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face in his shoulder. It took him a minute to wrap his own arms around my waist, but he eventually did. I could feel his heart beating fastly as I heard my own heartbeats hammering furiously out of my chest.

We stayed rooted at that spot for a long time. Eventually, when my consiousness kicked in, I realised how awkward I made everything.

I slowly untangled myself from him. But he made no effort to let go of his grip on my waist. Infact, he tightened his grip as I was about to move away.

"Please Violet, Let me. It's been so long since someone hugged me." He timidly whispered, burying his face in my shoulders and moving one of his hands to entangle in my hair.

I sighed, realising how vulnerable and lonely he must have been.

I forgot all the awkwardness and hugged him back, rubbing his back with my palm as he sighed contently.

His heartbeats slowly decreased to their normal speed after a while, and his grip slowly loosened around my waist. But he still didn't let go.

He body visibly relaxed and his breathing deepened.

I was almost sure that he had fallen asleep, I carefully laid us both down in the bed. His grip tightened around me when he felt the little movement, as if he was scared of letting me go.

So I didn't untangle myself from him. Instead, I stayed in the same pose and closed my eyes, hearing his soothing heartbeats and drifting off to darkness.

______________________

Yeah, I know It's a bit shorter than usual, but it was necessary for the plot.

I really love the vulnerable side of Harry. Makes me want to go and give him a hug 😢.

What do you think ?  

Do share your opinions in the comments and vote if you liked this chapter !

Sincerely,
Meera.