Chapter 42

I woke up before Harry.

We had taken a nap for another two hours yesterday, and it made us so lazy we just stayed in the bed for the next hour, talking about nothing and everything.

Then I went down to take dinner with Judy, and I packed some for Harry to take it with me when I went back.

I stayed in Judy's room for a while and then called it a night.

Harry and I watched tv for a while as he ate, and then we started Twilight together. I liked reading with him. We had the same speed, so it always goes smooth.

At some point, I accepted the fact that cuddling with him is not supposed to make anything awkward. Infact, I even realised that he has a lot of talent in that field. He naturally radiated warmth, and it makes me feel peaceful.

We haven't talked once about the kiss or Niall, both of the topics are a bit unapprochable right now.

And I don't even remember when I fell asleep while we were reading.

So here I was, wrapped comfortably in Harry's arms, looking at his gorgeous face and questioning what the actual hell has happened to me.

I do want to kiss him again, without a doubt. And I am obviously attracted to him. But what's stopping me is my own brain. I know I won't be able to take anything harsh, I will break beyond repair.

Harry suddenly stirred in his sleep. So I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Let's see what he does.

For a while, he did nothing. I had to slightly open my eyes to check if he is still asleep.

No, he wasn't.

He was staring right at me.

Why are my lips smiling ?

Stop it !!

As I was trying to keep a straight face which was smiling for god knows why, I felt a soft touch near my ear.

The soft, calloused pads of his fingers pushed a few strands of my hair that was falling over my face.

He inhaled noisily as he did it, making my heart skip a beat.

I know he has done this same action earlier, but now that my eyes are closed and I can fully feel his touch, it feels a lot more intense.

"So beautiful," I could hear his smile in the small murmur he voiced.

Don't smile. Don't smile. Don't smile.

"You can smile if you want to, I know you're awake."

Oh fuck.

I couldn't hold back my smile after that, so I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

He was smiling back.

I forgot how embarrassing it was when my eyes locked with his green irises. It literally felt like we were talking.

"I gotta pee,"

I didn't mean to just spill it like that, but I really needed to pee. I have been holding it for quite a long time now, partly because I was too lazy and partly because I still wanted to sleep in Harry's arms.

At first, he raised his eyebrows in confusion but then understood what I was saying and shifted to give me space to get out of bed.

And just like that, our perfect moment ended.

We spent the rest of the morning and the afternoon out in the balcony as we read Twilight. We both don't like this book, but we agree that it is written in a beautiful way.

"Are you in team Jacob ?" Harry asked as we reached Jacob's entry.

"No, are you ?"

"Yeah, a little bit." Harry shrugged, almost embarrassed of his opinion.

"Wait, but I know you don't like Edward. So you're saying that you are not in anyone's team.." He added, confused as hell.

"Correct." I chuckled at his expressions.

"But aren't we like, supposed to choose one team ?"

"No love, we aren't supposed to do that." I smile at his cute frown that had appeared on his features due to confusion.

His expressions subtly changed after I spoke, his eyes landed on mine and eyebrows raises in surprise. A small smirk pulled on his lips, making his dimples pop out.

Wait, what exactly did I speak ?

Love !

I called him love.

Fucking hell.

This day is not good for my health, I should go into hibernation. Right now.

"Glad to see you're adapting to British habits."

Ah, that smirk.

"So I was saying that you don't need to choose any of the teams. You can just be in team Bella." I swiftly changed the topic and shrugged.

"Yeah, seems fair. Especially because how you are just as awkward as Bella." He said in a teasing tone.

"Yeah, I wouldn't disagree." I said embarrassingly.

Both of us got bored after finishing half of the book, and also, it was almost dinner time.

So as usual, I went in the kitchen downstairs where Judy and I ate dinner together, and when I came back up to my room, I bought some for Harry.

"Let's play a game tonight." Harry said finishing his pasta.

"Okay, which game ?" I asked, turning the tv off because I couldn't find anything interesting enough.

"21 questions."

"That's a lame game."

"Come on, I'll make it interesting."

"Okay, but I won't answer the questions that makes me uncomfortable."

"Done." He agreed with a smile.

"I have one more idea." He added.

I raised one eyebrow at him, asking to continue.

"How about we sleep in the terrace tonight ?" He asked excitedly, like a ten year old asking to go to the zoo.

"Yeah sure, I have always loved sleeping under the stars. Matt and I used to do it all the time." I smile, remembering the fond memory.

But the next minute, his last words echoed in my ear.

I love you Violet.

"Hey," Harry softly whispered, taking both of my hands in his.

He didn't speak anything, just rubbed his thumb on my hand. Honestly, I didn't need to hear anything. Just his presence was enough.

After a while, Harry asked me to take a blanket as we went to the terrace.

"I haven't even seen this part of the house." I say as we climbed two sets of staircases and turn a left corner.

"I know, that's why I got this idea." He smiled at me excitedly.

"Apart from my room, the terrace is the only part of the castle that has not been changed." He explained further.

"Wow," I smiled, getting excited as well.

As we reached the end of a long hallway, I spotted a door.

Harry unlocked it and opened the door.

"Welcome to the terrace room." He smiled and moved to a side after entering, letting me enter as well.

Once I looked around, I couldn't stop my eyes from widening.

"Holy mother of... Wow."
______________________________________

This chapter is giving me feels !!

What do you think ? Tell me in the comments and don't forget to give it a vote.😁

Sincerely,
Meera.