Chapter 36

A sob escaped my lips as I stopped speaking.

Harry tightened his grip around me, rubbing my back with his palm just how he has been doing all this time.

It feels so good now that I have let it all out, why didn't I do it earlier ?

I feel lighter, and a lot stable.

"Shh... take a few breathes for me." He cupped my face softly in his hands and locked his eyes with mine.

He himself started taking deep breathes so that I could repeat his actions.

He then passed me the glass of water from which I had taken a sip earlier.

"Here, drink some."

I drank the entire glass this time.

"Let's go inside, come on."

He held my hand tight in his, and lead the way back to my bed.

I was glad that he wasn't talking about anything I just said to me, not even asking questions or showing sympathy.

I just wanted him to stay with me tonight, but before I could decide whether to say it to him or not, he the exact thing I wanted him to do.

After we lied down on my bed, he put his arms around me from back, so my back was touching his front.

"I am so sorry," he whispered in the softest tone.

The next moment, I felt a soft tender kiss being planted on my shoulder.

I nodded and closed my eyes, a few tears rolled down as I did so.

It was harder to stop them now that I had finally broken the walls, but at the same time, It felt soothing to let it off my chest. I have been trying to fill the empty void so much, that I ended up making an even bigger void.

- - - - - -

The next few days went a bit tough for me, I was always on the edge. Because I had done a pretty okay job at forgetting everything. And as I remembered the whole incident that night and relived all the tiny memories I had, it was harder to get back at normal.

I spent a lot of time with Judy after that night, she must have noticed my sudden change of behaviour too, because she tried talking to me about it but soon realised that I was in no state of mind to talk yet, so she never even went near that topic.

Harry has been a constant all this while. He knows exactly what he needs to say.
After that night, I had asked Harry to give me the present he had given earlier. He didn't want to at first, but gave it to me after I insisted.

He had painted a potrait.

Of us.

It was an oil painting of us peacefully reading a book. It was inspired from that day when we finished Adiós together. I had momentarily forgotten everything when he showed it to me.

He had used oil colors to paint it, which I happen to know are difficult to paint with.

And he had so beautifully drawn it, that it could be an edited photograph with a painting filter on it.

"So, what do you think?" He had nervously asked.

I had not found the right words to say at that time, so I had just stood  up and hugged him, whispering that I loved it a lot.

We even finished the entire friends show, which according to Harry didn't have a great end. But still, he enjoyed it to the fullest.

On 31st of december, Nichole and Andrea conference called me to ask about Judy's health. After I told them she was much better now, they invited me to a new year party at Nichole's house.