Chapter 27

I really had a great time today. All of them were quite guilty about what happened last night. Although Louis didn't say anything in that context, he praised my fighting skills and made a joke about how he's afraid of me now. Even Liam apologised for not being there.

The movie was good, but I couldn't concentrate much in it because Zayn had sat next to me and I was sitting on a corner seat. So it was a lot uncomfortable at first but as time passed and we talked for a bit, after that, a peaceful silence surrounded us, it was just like usual again.

I can't hold that almost kiss against him forever now, can I ? And to be honest it feels nice to know that someone thinks I am interesting enough to make an effort.

After the movie, we went to Subway, my all time favourite. Zayn insisted on going with my choice and everyone agreed.

I enjoyed a lot with the gang today, and was not at all awkward due to the attention. There were a few heavy moments when Louis asked how the hell did I jump from the window and didn't break my ass.

I said I have been trained to do it.

Everyone believed it.

I am assuming they didn't see me talking to Harry. And the room was pretty dark so it must have not been clear.

After dinner, I said my grandaunt wants to eat a subway sandwich too, so I parcelled two to take away and we all dispersed to our homes.

I was so happy that I made friends quite easily than usual.

Zayn was a bit fidgety in the ride back home, and looked like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't.

I didn't push it because it would just make things awkward. And also, I wanted to be with Harry now.

"Harry ?" I call his name as soon as I get inside the room, placing my purse and the food package on the bed.

The staircase was out, so he must be up in his room.

"Hey."

Sure enough, he stepped down the stairs and entered as soon as I called.

"Hey, I bought you Subway !" I say enthusiastically and give him the bag of food package.

"Aww, thank you !" He said, smiling ear to ear as he opened the package.

"Ah, this heavenly smell," he inhaled dramatically after opening it.

I chuckled and went over to the closet to take my pyjamas out.

Harry ate in silence while I changed my clothes, and after that, I went over to sit next to him. He was on the second sandwich now. I knew he would need a second one. This boy is always hungry.

"How was your evening?" He asked with filled mouth.

"It was great."

I picked up my phone and put it in silent mode, and then plug it to the charger.

"So, what are you gonna do now ? Considering it's still quite early." I ask him.

I had something in mind that we could do today, but before telling him that, I wanted to make sure he hadn't decided anything else or had something else to do.

"Well, I was thinking maybe we can read Adiós together. But we can do it tomorrow if you are tired or want to do something else.." He trailed of and looked unsure of his statement.

Holy shit.

"I had the exact same thing in mind!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Yeah ?" Harry smirked at first and then giggled.

He was giggling again.

So we spent the next few hours snuggled inside the covers and reading the book.

Somewhere in between that, my eyes were so tired that I couldn't focus on the words. So Harry offered to read it out loud for me.

So we spent the next few hours reading for Harry, hearing for me. It was a very different experience for me. I have been reading books since the day I learnt how to read, and never hace I ever had someone read to me.

Well, I have a distant memory of my mom reading me bed time stories, but I was too young to understand anything.

Harry's voice is very soothing and peaceful. It made imagining the lines easier.

In that moment, I wanted to keep listening to his voice forever.

Harry suddenly stopped mid-sentence and his mouth stretched into a loud yawn.

Oh, even his yawn is beautiful.

"Let's read tomorrow, I feel sleepy." He said after, stretching a bit.

"Okay," I said, yawning.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Violet, didn't your friends ask questions about last night ?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

I turned my body to face him and rested my head on my palm for support.

"Yeah, they did. Louis asked how the hell did I jump from so high level and didn't break my ass." I answer, quoting Louis' words.

Harry smiled at that.

"I said I have been trained to jump, and they believed it." I answer his unspoken question.

"Oh."

He shifted his eyes from me to the ceiling, silently sighing in defeat.

"Do you want to say something?" I asked, not sure what else should I say.

"No, nothing. Come on, we should sleep, it's pretty late." He turned around and glanced at the clock.

12:30 a.m.

"Yeah, goodnight Harry. Thanks for reading me that book." I smile and lean down, pulling the covers up to my chin and snuggling in it.

The air was becoming chilly now.

"No problem, Goodnight. Thanks for the dinner." He slowly got up, putting the book on night stand and stretching his arms.

"No problem."

After a few minutes, Harry went up to his room and I picked up my phone, putting it to vibrate mode and setting an alarm for tomorrow.

As if on cue, my phone started vibrating.

It was Zayn.

"Hey, sorry did I wake ya ?" He asks without a pause.

"No, I was just about to go to bed. What's up?"

Why is he calling me at this hour?

"Umm well, the thing is, Violet, I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I don't want to mess it up this time. Here it goes.." He took a deep breathe after that. As if preparing for a fight.

"I like you, Violet. I have liked you since the first day I saw you, and I'd love to spend more time with you, get to know you. So yeah, that's the thing."

______________________________________

Holy shit, did Zayn just ask her out ?

Do tell me what you think about this chapter and don't forget to give it a vote !

Sincerely,
Meera.