Chapter 68

"Hi," I greeted him, trying to not give away my sour mood.

"Hey, how are you?" Niall asked me in response, probably seeing through my mask.

"Not very good, actually." I sighed, entering his apartment.

I lied to Harry today. I said I had to go to school early, and I came to Niall's place to talk to him.

I had to.

"Harry told you?" Niall asked me as I sat down on his couch.

I looked up at him in surprise. How did he know about this?

"Harry and I texted each other." He clarified.

Oh.

"You want to eat something? I am making pancakes,"

"No, I already had breakfast."

Niall went to his kitchen which was open counter, so we can still see each other as he made his breakfast.

But I still walked up towards the kitchen, and sat on the chair on the opposite side of his counter.

"I know that you're scared because of that ten percent chance of him not making it alive, but there's a 90% chance of him becoming normal again. I'd say we should take the chance." He said when I didn't say anything. He was speaking slowly, thinking before each word. But he didn't look me in the eye.

"Niall this is bullshit. You know it, come on!" I dont have the energy to go through the same argument again.

"No, think from his perspective, Purple. He has spent centuries like this, he is stuck in time. If there is a chance that he can be free from it, wouldn't he take it?" He looked at me, speaking with calm voice.

"I guess.. But the chance of him dying is not an affordable one, Niall." I know he is right. But I am not wrong either, and I will prove that till my last breath if I have to.

"Don't you think that's a bit selfish from your side?" He raised one eyebrow.

This is just like Twilight. Oh. OH.

"Niall."

"Hmm?"

"Make me invisible then," I suggested, my eyes wide and hopeful.

This can be a perfect solution.

We will be able to live together, no one will die.

"Are you insane, Purple? I have already upset the balance of the nature once, and I am still suffering because of that. And you want me to upset it one more time. What is wrong with you?"

"I LOVE HIM, NIALL. AND I AM NOT LETTING HIM DIE." I burst out, not noticing what I just said.

"What?" He asked, eyes narrowed at me. He thinks this is stupid, or absurd.

"I love him," I said again, quietly this time, and looking down at my feet.

Oh no, this is gonna break his heart.

"Does he- does he know that?" He asked suspiciously.

I nodded.

"Wow, that's- I didn't see it coming honestly." He laughed nervously, flipping his pancake at the same time.

"How - how long has it been going on?"

"About three and a half month," I replied, still not able to look at him.

Why am I ruining everything?

"Woah, and you didn't even tell me,"

"I wanted to, but I didn't get a chance to,"

That was my pathetic attempt of an excuse.

"Well, that's - that makes things complicated now. But I still think he should give it a chance, - and Listen, I dont think you're selfish now." He said before I could cut him off.

"Are you sure that there isn't any way out of this?" I tried one last time, I have to.

"I will try my best, Purple. But I am almost sure that there is no way out, its either taking a risk or not doing it at all." He said, sighing.

"Okay,"

"I should go to school now," I said after a while.

I went over to Niall and hugged him. He hugged me back, sighing loudly.

I thought I will figure a way with him, and even though he said he will try, I know that there's no way. And now I also understand why Harry wants to go through with this cure.

I have no idea what's gonna happen now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Who do you think is wrong here?

Tell me in the comments and dont forget to give it a vote!

I know this one is a bit small, but okay, will be back soon enough.

Sincerely,

Meera.