Chapter 56

"Harry?" I called once I entered my room.

I spent some time with Judy today. She wanted to learn instagram today. So we spent most of the afternoon doing that. It was nap time for her now, and she agreed to sleep only when I promised her to be there tommorrow as well.

"Up here, love." His voice echoed from up in his room.

I could hear faint voice of a melody playing in background. A delicious smell of chocolate filled my senses as soon as I took the steps to climb up in his room.

I was greeted with the sight of Harry cooking something in the far left corner of his room. He had somehow salvaged a lot of kitchen appliances from somewhere. I don't know much about in detail because he refused to tell me further.

I inhaled deeply, sighing in content as the delicios sweet smell filled my nostrils.

"Hey." Harry greeted me with a smile, turning to look at me and then turning back next moment, to pour the thick (I am guessing) batter in the mould.

"Hey, Are you making cake?"

"Yup."

"Perfect." I smiled, hopping up to sit on the small empty space on the counter.

"How was your day?" He asked, using a spoon to pour the remnants of the batter in the mould.

"Good, yours?" I asked.

He kept the bowl aside and grabbed the oven gloves.

Yes, he has a oven in his room.

"Great as well."

I picked up the bowl he has kept aside, and used my finger to empty the small amount of chocolate batter that had stuck around the walls of bowl.

He set the timer and put the cake inside the oven, and then walked back towards where I was sitting.

He removed his gloves and came towards me, settling in the space between my legs and putting his arms around my waist.
I looked up from the bowl and grinned at him.

"I am not letting you lick the bowl." I childishly hold the bowl to me protectively, pouting at him.

"I don't even need it," He smiled, getting closer to me and connecting his lips to mine in a swift motion.

"I could just do that." He finished his sentence as he moved back, smiling at me.

"Clever." I remarked softly, going back to licking my bowl.

"How's - How are the cramps today?"  

"Not that bad."

"Good."

We watched some youtube videos of cats as we waited for the cake to be ready.

Turns out Harry wants to eat only cake for dinner.
And who am I to disagree?

On the eleventh video, we heard the small chime of the timer going off.

"And the cake is ready!" Harry exclaimed happily, getting off the bed and walking towards the oven.
I followed him.

"Ah, the smell." I literally moaned when he opened the oven and took out the cake mould.

This smell reminds a lot of memories. My mom always baked cake on everyone's birthday. She would find reasons to bake cakes all the time. Sometimes for Matt's grades, sometimes for mine. Sometimes, their marriage anniversaries and sometimes just because it's been a long time since we have had a cake.

I had once scored less in sixth grade, she baked a cake that night saying it will give motivation.

"Violet?" Harry's voice brings me back to reality.