Chapter 33

Flashback

The Adams were a small but happy family.

Violet's grandparents had passed away a long time ago. And her parents didn't have any siblings, so it was just the four of them in the family.

Her mom, Rose Adams was the closest person to Violet. She was an event organiser, a very successful one. Violet had always looked up to her for inspiration. And she would feel immense level of proud whenever her mother's friends compared Violet with her. Since childhood, Violet's role model was her mother.

Her Dad, George Adams was a very powerful man. They just knew that he was a very high authority person in government. Everything else about his work was confidential even for his family. He had therefore spent most of his life dedicated to his work. But whenever he was free and available at home, he would try and make up for all the lost time.

Her little brother, Matthew Adams or as she called him, Matt was just 7 years old but clever beyond his age. She never fought wit her brother like siblings generally do. Infact, Violet and her brother were inseparable. Yes they teased each other a lot but never left each other's side.

At 12 years of age, Violet was living the perfect life.

Until 25th of december 2015.

Because his father was heavily involved in the government, he had managed to make a few rivals who opposed the government. Although he had arranged for the tightest security in the house and assigned personal bodyguards to every family member, no one could stop what had happened.

Christmas has always been the favourite time of the year for Violet and Matt. Every year they would decorate the tree in their living room, would bake gingerbread men and did every fun activity they could. Even their mum would get involved in some of them.

That year, they had decided to have a themed Christmas. And the theme was Disney.

After weeks and weeks of preparations, when the day finally came, they were all set.

Matt was dressed as Olaf from frozen.
Violet's became Anna to complement her brother's costume .
Their mom decided to be the Belle from Beauty and the beast.
And after lots of convincing, their dad became Sheriff Woody from toy story.

Their parents had invited a few friends from work to have dinner with them in about an hour.

They were all getting ready in their rooms when Matt burst into Violet's room with a panicked expression on his small, chubby face.

He was dressed in his costume, only the carrot nose was missing.

His straight blonde hair were gelled upwards.

"Violet, I forgot to bring the carrot nose."

He didn't even wait for her to ask and just walked inside.

Violet was ready in her costume, she was just finishimg braiding her hair.

There wasn't much to do in her look, it was simple and classy, just how she likes.

"Oh god Matt, why do you always do this ?" She said in an irritated tone and turned around to look at him.

"I am so sorry," he did that exact puppy dog eyes expression which no one in this house could resist.

"I told you to try your costume a week early so that we don't mess up last minute." Violet scolded, already melting from her brother's cuteness.

"I know, you were right. Now please do something, I don't want to skip the nose in my look." He practically begged her and blinked his eyes a few times, pouting his lips out.

"Oh come on!" Violet turned around, knowing she was going to the costume shop now.

"Please Violet. I'll be your slave till my last breathe, please go and buy me my nose."

That was one last blow from Matt, already knowing he has won.

"Okay fine."

So that is how Violet ended up in the costume shop at 7 pm, finding a carrot nose while dressed as Anna.

It took her half an hour to find the nose, and a few sarcastic comments thrown her way by the shop owner because she made him open the shop on a holiday. There were perks of being George Adams' daughter after all.

It took her another 30 minutes to reach home instead of 15 because of the holiday traffic.

When she finally reached home, she found another car in the driveway.

The guest must have arrived, she thought.

She asked her bodyguard to park the car in the garage and got out, putting her hand on the small screen of the door to unlock it.

She then entered the house to find the living room empty.

They must be sitting in the terrace garden.

She called Matt's name a few times while climbing up the stairs to first floor where their parents had designed a beautiful terrace garden.

"Matt, here's your -"

All the words died in her mouth and she gasped in surprise, her heart going in a frenzy at the sight.

Her mom, dad and Matt were all sitting down on their knees, hands tied in their back, looking extremely panicked.

It took her a second to react and just as she took a step, her mother gasped.

"No!"

Someone suddenly grabbed her hands from behind, placing a hand on her mouth.

She looked at her family, Matt and her mom were crying softly, as if too scared to make noise.

Her dad had a angry expression on his face, as if he will somehow make things alright again.

______________________________________

Violet's past will be revealed in next few chapters.

Be ready !

Do tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments and give it a vote if you like it enough. 😊

Sincerely,
Meera.