Chapter 51

“I am bored, let’s do something stupid.” Nichole spoke after a long silence.

It’s been an hour since we came here, Liam and Louis couldn’t surf because the waves weren’t high enough so they just came back.
Andrea and I have been reading our books silently, so no one really interrupted us.
Nichole ate snacks for the first half hour and has been clicking pictures for the next, occasionally asking for Zayn’s help who is building a beautiful sandcastle near the shore.

Harry has relaxed and is now more into his element as he sits on the supposedly empty chair beside me, sneaking a few sips from my cocktail here and there.

“More like, let’s do something the tommo way.” Liam added, earning a smirk from Louis.

“How about we all go swimming as far as we could ?” Louis suggested excitedly.

“See now that, is a really stupid thing to do.” Harry said to me, getting up from the chair.

A few minutes ago, I had suddenly noticed how Harry’s feet aren’t really touching the sand, close but not touching.

“Just taking extra care,” He had muttered softly, making me realize how he was doing this so his footprint won’t appear.

I felt so bad for this boy at that moment. At such an early age in his life, he was robbed of being normal.

And the fact that it doesn’t even bother him now breaks my heart so much.

Everyone started agreeing one by one, Andrea being the last and most unsure. She glanced at me, along with the others for answer.

“Isn’t that a bit too stupid to do?” I asked softly, praying that I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings.

“Okay, than how about we go till the water reaches our shoulder.” Louis revised his earlier statement, rolling his eyes sassily.

“Okay,” I agreed.

“I am going to fly above you if you're going to do it.” Harry stated, adjusting his hand bands.

“Let’s race!” Nichole squealed, sprinting towards the water without looking at any of us.

Louis runned as well, chasing Nichole on his way as they raced.

We chuckled simultaneously, Andrea and I sharing a knowing look as the rest of us followed them.

Harry was walking behind me, more like, gliding in the air behind me.

“I ship them.” Liam mumbled softly, shaking his head with a small smile playing on his lips as he stared at Louis from a distance.

“Yeah, me too.” Harry said from behind me, making my eyes go wide with surprise.

“You know what that means?” I ask, turning around but realizing on time that I have said it out loud.

“Ofcourse, I use social media as well, duh.” Liam said to me, thinking that I was asking him.

Harry chuckled from behind me at that.

“I thought it was just a girl thing,” Andrea argued in my defense.

“No, guys do it too, more subtly though.” Zayn answered.

“Wow.” Andrea and I said in unison, chuckling afterwards.

The water was just warm enough for us to feel comfortable. I closed my eyes and sighed, walking deeper into the water.

Harry was hovering over the water cautiously, looking at me the whole time.

To be honest, it kinds creeped me out. So I tried to tell him to stop doing it with sign language.

"I can't understand what you're trying to say." He said, narrowing his eyes.

I looked over at others who were splashing water at each other, no one would notice if I spoke, I think.

"Don't do this, you can look out for me from there as well." I muttered as low as possible, pointing at the sand with my eyes.

"I was thinking the same, actually." He nodded and without a doubt, turned around and glided towards the shore.

"Hey, Violet !" Zayn called.

I turned around to answer him but as soon as I did so, a huge splash of water hit me right in the face.

"Haha gotcha !" Louis said while laughing loudly.

Oh, so it was him.

"You are dead." I said seriously, but chuckled at the end and splashed him.

Others joined in as well.

I occasionally glanced over at Harry who was looking at his feet awkwardly.

And just for a moment, I doubted if inviting him was a good idea or not.

We stayed in the water for a long time, but then everyone were hungry, so we agreed that it was time to go out.

Zayn had bought us all towels earlier, making it easier for everyone.

We all were still laughing and teasing each other as we walked back towards our chairs.

Harry smiled at me and followed us silently.

"You guys go on, I'll be back in a few minutes." Andrea said as we gathered around our picnic basket which had all the snacks in it, atleast, all the snacks that Nichole didn't ate already.

"I'll go with you." I said, motioning Harry to come along as well as I joined Andrea.

We walked silently to the house.

"You seem a little distracted today." She stated calmly.

"No, why ?"

Oh shit, I answered too fast.

I notice Harry freezing beside me.

"I just.. I don't know sometimes you just drift of, looking at a distance." Andrea shrugged, going ahead as she opened the front door.

"It's just that, I was so excited last night that I couldn't sleep. So I guess I am just sleep deprived." I answered as nonchalantly as I could.

"Oh, I see." She nodded understandingly, walking towards her designated room for the day.

I sighed as she closed the door.

"She is very observant." Harry stated, sighing as well.

I nodded, walking to my designated room as he followed me.

"You look cute in that shorts." I said, trying to make the tension between us disappear somehow.

"Thanks," he replied.

Harry and I chatted for a while and then it was time to go back outside.

As we were walking towards our spot at the sea shore, I spotted someone else with our friends.

"Who is that?" Andrea asked.

"No idea."

It was a guy, a well built guy. He was wearing flower printed shorts, and no shirt. His back was facing us so we couldn't see his face.

As we walked closer to them, I heard Harry muttering a soft 'fuck' under his breath.

Oh, he swore.

It took me just a moment to know why he did it as the unknown guy turned around to face us.

"Hello there, Violet."

Jake fucking Hudson was here.
_________________________________________

Jake is back people !

What do you think of this chapter ? Tell me in the comments and do give it a vote :)

Sincerely,
Meera.