Chapter 19

I am physically at school, but mentally still stuck back in that moment when Harry was staring so intensely at me.

Why am I extremely attracted to the point where I would have kissed him ?
I have had a few crushes before but never to the point that I would kiss them.

It requires emotional and physical trust to kiss someone, and I can't put either on anyone. And Harry is still practically a stranger.

First half of the day passes with the same thoughts spiralling around my head.

To be fair to him, he is not exactly a stranger anymore, is he ? He has opened up to me, he has put faith on me to understand him. I know I haven't opened up to him and I don't even intend to. But I do feel like he won't break my trust. 

During lunch, I sat on our usual table. Andrea and Nichole were already there, along with Louis.

"Hey Violet,"

"Hi, dude,"

"Hey sleepyhead,"

They greeted respectively.

"Hey," I smiled politely (and awkwardly) at each of them.

"Hey guys," A familiar voice said behind me the moment I sat down.

It was Zayn. I don't know what to do now. Act like nothing happened? or act like something did happen and I am not gonna talk to him about him? or act like I am unaware of his presence?

Now that, is the extreme level of awkwardness.

He pulled out a chair beside me and to my surprise, even Liam was there behind him. He sat beside Louis.

Zayn smiled at me, acknowledging my presence with a nod and looked at everyone with the same smile.

Although, what I noticed was Liam looked sick. He had this blank expression on his face, not acknowledging anything in his surrounding.

"What happened to Liam ?" I lean towards Andrea and whisper.

"Danielle cheated on him last night." She whispered back, eyes fixed on Liam and no expression.

"Oh," I straightened up and started sipping my chocolate milkshake.

"You were asleep at that time , so you don't know. Danielle was making out with some random fucker and Liam walked in on them." Louis directed at me, clearly aware of my confusion.

"Oh, I am so sorry, Liam." I shifted my gaze from Louis to Liam, trying to think of some comforting things to say and ofcourse, not coming up with anything.

Liam shrugged at me in response.

I did feel very sorry for him. It hurts so much when you put trust, faith and all your love on someone and they just get up and leave, breaking your heart into a million pieces.

What I don't understand is inspite of knowing this, people still fall in love all the time.

"Did anyone finish that history essay?" Andrea swiftly changed the topic.

"Yeah," Zayn and I say in unison.

"Fucking nerds." Louis whispered with a smirk, slightly shaking his head at us.

I looked at Zayn and smiled. He smiled back.

"Wait. We had a history essay?" Nichole shrieked suddenly, looking terrified.

We all laughed at that.

"Yes, love." Louis looked at her. And shook his head at her the same way he did at us, but with a smile.