Chapter 34

"Sorry to bother you princess, now sit here." The man who had tied her hands said softly, coming closer to her as he spoke, lips slightly touching her ear. And then, he pushed her towards Matt, who was looking as pale as a ghost. His Olaf mask and costume was carelessly discarded on the ground. He was sitting there in his white t shirt and white jeans, on the verge of a panic attack.

Violet's dad hissed at the man's words.

"What ? Oh, sorry Mr. Adams, didn't realise this was your beloved daughter."

Now as she was sitting down, she could see the face of the man.

He definitely looked like a dangerous gang leader, a mafia to be precise. And he was almost her father's age, judging by the small wrinkles all over his face. Some very nasty looking scars were decorated on his muscular biceps, which were also covered in weird tattoos.

Anyone after just one glance would know the danger that will come with this man.

"Look Walter, your disagreement is with me. There's no need to involve my family here." Her dad said in his most peaceful voice, trying to get them out of this.

What she suddenly realised was that all the bodyguards were not present here. Although they were all here when she went to the shop an hour ago.

So this means there is only Nathan,  Violet's bodyguard who could help them.

This man, Walter as she knew now, had two of his own muscular man standing at the door with guns in their hands.

"You should have thought this same thing when you arrested my son, George." Walter said in a thick accent, she don't recognise which, but it was different from their American accents.

"Your son was smuggling drugs, Walter."

She could hear her father's patience slipping as he said this.

"ON MY ORDERS!"

They all flinched at the sudden change in Walter's tone, and Matt started crying.

Violet shifted closer to him as much as she could with the help of her knees, and touched his thigh with her left knee, trying to tell him to calm down.

She felt so helpless in this situation, if she had been more alert, she could have saved them all.

Her mom must have noticed them too, as she shifted a little to touch Matt, trying to do the same thing as Violet did.

"So now, I am going to torture your family in front of you." Walter's tone changed again, turning colder.

"No, please let them go Walter."

Her dad's voice quivered at last.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING ORDER ME!"

Violet couldn't stop her tears after that. In her whole life of 12 years, she had never heard someone speak so rudely to her dad.

What if they all die here?

It would be so sad.

She hadn't even confessed her feelings to Alex yet, and she hadn't finished The Fault in Our Stars too. And she really wanted to know the end.

This time, Matt tried to calm her down.

She closed her eyes and tried to stop the tears.

When she opened them again, Walter was standing right in front of her.

She gasped in surprise and tried to move backwards.

"What's wrong, sweety ?" He leaned down to match her level, stinking really bad.