Chapter 16

Please read the note in the end

Nichole parks the car carelessly in a small space near a huge house which is right now filled with drunk teenagers.

"Let's get started, bitches !"

I don't think Nichole needs to get drunk, it's us who needs alcohol in our systems to bear with her, not that I am complaining or anything.

One thing I do know is that I am not gonna be drinking tonight. Even though my age is legal to drink here at London, I will still follow American age limit.

We walk inside the house, Nichole ahead of me and Andrea. She was leading the way and high-fiving everyone we passed. I used to be just like her a few years ago.

A few of them smiled at me, acknowledging that they know me, and I smile back, awkwardly acknowledging them acknowledging me.

Am I already drunk?

Nichole leads us right into the kitchen passing the hall, a staircase, and a very elegant dining table filled with mouth watering junk food.

Nichole made us all a glass of drink each, non alcoholic for me.

After a while, A few girls from our school joined us and suddenly, we were all moving to the dance floor.

I always take more time to start feeling comfortable compared to the time normal people takes, but at this point, I was feeling a bit less uncomfortable already, so I joined them on the dance floor.

Nichole passed some drinks to all of us again, insisting to me that it's just fruit beer.

I knew my consciousness was asking me to deny, but at the same time, my throat was really dry, so I took it and gulped the entire glass in one go. We'll deal with trouble when it comes.

We were all letting loose, dancing to the beats and overall having fun. It felt strange but in a good way.

I suddenly felt a tug on my wrist out of nowhere. My eyes first glanced on my wrist and then to the person who was standing behind me.

Holy mother of -

"Hi, Violet!" Zayn exclaimed, his voice louder than normal to make it audible along with the music.

Suddenly, every cell in my body went silent. All the comfort I was feeling earlier vanished.

"Didn't expect to see you here," he raised one eyebrow with a smirk, inviting himself on the dance floor, still holding my wrist.

"Hey, what's up?" I said, trying to atleast look comfortable.

trying.

"Isn't it too suffocating in here?  Let's go outside." He suggested, already turning around to walk.

It really was starting to feel suffocating inside. And also, I don't feel that well after drinking that fruit beer. Maybe, some outside air will feel nice.

I started following Zayn out of the house, meanwhile checking my phone for any messages.

There were none.

We stepped out in the backyard of the house where there were lesser people. The yard had a nice pool and a few seats with fairy lights hanging above. Whoever's house this is, they'll have one hell of a time cleaning it all tommorow.

"Hey, do you want a drink ?" Zayn

"No, just had one." I smiled.

We sat on one of the small designer seats beside the pool. A group of girls were taking selfies on the other side of pool.