Chapter 71

Almost a week has passed since my birthday.

And I don't think I have ever been better. It took me about three days to start believing what Harry said. I was not a murderer. I saved hundreds of innocent lives by killing Mr. Walter.

I kept imagining what would my parents think if they knew what I did. They always taught me and my brother to solve problems peacefully, and to forgive others. They would have been devastated to know that their daughter has ended a life.

But eventually, I started seeing what Harry was saying. He showed me all the research he and Niall did before capturing him. Mr. Walter was an awful guy. He killed people for money and property and power. He ended hundreds of families, just like mine.

And he would still be doing that if I didn't kill him.

Now I feel a different kind of peace, like some invisible weight has completely lifted off my shoulders. The anger and helplessness that I use to feel about my family's murder is not present anymore. It feels like I did what I had to do, I can finally move on now.

I never thought I will be able to do that, but yet, here I am.

All thanks to this beautiful angel sitting beside me. We were eating cheese burger and fries for dinner tonight, while we re-watched friends. Harry claims that he loved it too much to not watch it again.

I agree with him.

We had finished our burgers, and now we were just lazily eating the fries. I looked up at him when he chuckled at something Chandler said. He looked so beautiful, like a dream.

I can't believe I get to call him my boyfriend. I get to be the girl he loves.

I have been thinking about taking the next step now. It's been almost a year since we met, and we love each other. I don't think I need anything else, I trust him completely to be my first.

Although, I haven't been able to gather enough courage to talk to him about it yet.

As if sensing my gaze, he slightly turned his head to look at me, and raised his eyebrows, still smiling.

I just smiled back and rested my head on his shoulder, sighing contently.

He inhaled loudly and shifted a little to rest his head on mine.

I was in my own happy bubble these days, and moments like this were so special and close to my heart.

Moments like this made me want to stop the time.

"What are you thinking, love?" I heard Harry ask after a few silent moments.

"Just about how much I love you," I turned my head and softly kissed the curve of his neck. and then his shoulder.

"Uh-huh," he smiled, groaning a little as he swooped his arm around my waist and pulled me in his lap.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled, just staring at his beautiful face.

"And how much exactly do you love me?"

"Umm, let me think... yes, this much." I said, putting both my hands at a few inch distance.

"Oh, that's a bit lesser than I expected,"

"Yeah, but what can you do?"

"I can probably change your mind,"

"Really? how?"

"I don't know, by doing this...?"

He mischievously leaned in and planted his lips on mine, softly putting his hand on the back of my neck and tilting my face a little.