Chapter 7

I woke up to see the now familiar green eyes staring at me, once again.

“Why do you pull an Edward Cullen on my every time I wake up?” I say, stretching a bit as I sit up.

I am not very sure that he'll get the twilight reference, but it's too early to put on my thought filter.

“I was not staring at you like that creep, I was just debating whether to wake you up or not considering you have to be in school in about 10 minutes.” he said cockily, getting up from the floor at the side of the bed.

“What?! Oh fuck! ” I gasp, forwarding to the night stand and checking my phone.

He was right.

“You idiot, why didn’t you wake me up?” I ask, rushing around, grabbing a pair of washed jeans and a white shirt.

“I thought you’d shout at me,” He said timidly.
"And don't swear." He whispered the last part so low, that it looked like it wasn't meant for me to hear.
What's his problem with swearing ?

He then started rubbing the back of his head, biting the side of his lower lip as he tried to hide his smile.

Wow..

Focus, Violet.

In about five minutes, I was ready to go. Ofcourse, I skipped bath.

I hurriedly stepped downstairs while picking up a banana that I’ll eat on the way. Surprisingly on second thoughts, I grabbed one for Harry as well.

The guy never has denied when food is offered to him.

Luckily, we were just 10 minutes late and I had the first lecture free, so we went to the library and I started finishing my essay.

All the time, I kept noticing if anyone acknowledged Harry’s presence here.

No one did.

After that, he accompanied me to all the classes, where again, no one seemed to be able to see him.

During lunch, we were sitting in a corner table, far from the crowd.
He was sitting, but his focus was always in the surroundings. He was a little on the edge since we arrived. He made sure no one touched him all the time. Even a slightest activity caught his attention.

"Harry ?" I ask, not being able to contain myself.

"Hmm ?" His eyes landed on me for a moment, but then he glanced sideways.
Then again, focused on me.

"What's wrong with you ?"

"Nothing, I am just being careful." He shrugged, trying to show that it's not a big deal. But the next moment, his eyes started shifting to the surroundings again.

"Careful of what ?"

Before he could answer my question, Nichole and Andrea came to sit in the table, and neither of them noticed him.
He suddenly jumped out of the chair when Andrea pulled it out thinking it was empty. He looked frightened for that one moment. But then he relaxed himself and looked at me.
I looked over at an empty chair and pushed it out a little so he can sit. He sighed and sat, still shifting uncomfortably.

The rest of the day passed exactly in the same way, harry became more relaxed as departure time came closer.

The ride back home was silent, mostly because I had a lot of thoughts I needed to process. There was no doubt harry was indeed, invisible.

Even if we consider him and Susan planning this, and maybe, he has asked the entire school to pretend not being able to see him, there was bound to be one small slip up. And there is no way he could have hacked my phone camera. And I am almost sure there can be no scientific explanation of his absence of shadow which I noticed again when we were walking towards my car after school.