Chapter 45

“You have changed.” Niall says after a whole minute of staring at her face, narrowing his eyes at me.

I raised her eyebrows at him, taking a bite from my sandwich. Niall wanted to have a brunch with me today, and the guy knows I wouldn’t deny a Subway sandwich.

“Not in a bad way though.” Niall adds when he realizes how confusing his earlier statement might have sounded like.

“Thank you.” I  say with mouthful of food and smile goofily at him.

He laughs at my actions, shaking his head as he did so.

“I was so worried about all this at first, but now I am alright after seeing you like this.” He smiles.

I stop laughing and smile back, nowing how much he truly cared about me.

“Is it because of Harry?” Niall adds, almost regretting it a soon as he asks.
I frown, not knowing how to answer to him.

I don’t know it myself, what would I tell to him? Yes, it has a lot to do with Harry.
But does that mean I like him ?

Hell yes.

But have I really accepted the fact that I am about to break my promise ?

“A little bit, yes. I have also managed to make some great friends as you know. Judy and I are a lot more closer now. So yeah, London suits me.” I shrug and smile awkwardly, taking one more bite out of my sandwhich.

"Do you like Harry ?"

I almost chocked on my food at that question.

"What's with all these questions ? And no, I don't like him. I can't like anyone like that. You know it, Niall." I didn't mean to sound harsh but for some reason, I think I sounded way too harsh.

"Woah, calm down Purple." Niall frowned, raising his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you like that." I sighed, staring at my plate on the table.

"Hey, I know. You don't have to explain yourself. Also, I was just pulling your leg." He smirked, slowly turning it into a smile and taking my hand in his.

I smiled at him.

"I was thinking about Harry, and I remembered a traditional irish story about people turning invisible to gain mortality." He spoke, looking down at our intertwined hands.

Woah.

"What ?" I ask, not believing what he said.

"Yeah, my grandma had told that story to me once. And I have a suspicion that I could help Harry. I'll have to go meet grandma for it, because I have a slight memory of my grandma telling a way to turn those people normal again."

"Okay, but wasn't your grandma extremely sick a few months ago ?" I suddenly remember.

"Yeah, she is okay now, or so I have heard." He shrugged, continuing to eat his sandwich.

"Do you think Harry will not like this ?" He asked, frowing in confusion.

"Not like what ?"

"Me trying to solve his problem."

"I don't think so." I answered thoughtfully, already planning my sentences to say to Harry.

We talked about his work and how it would be fantastic if he comes to live in London.

After about an hour and one more sandwich each, we went back home.

I parcelled one for Harry as well.

He'll love it.

This morning, I woke up to Harry kissing my forehead.

It was such a soft and tender moment, almost surreal.

But just as I was about to melt into a puddle, the voices in my head started saying how I'll get used to his presence and one day he'll just decide to leave me and go to someone else.

I didn't say anything, just tried to act like there is no voice screaming in my head.

"What's wrong, love ?" Harry had asked, softly caressing my cheek.

I had closed my eyes and sighed to his touch, but then silently removed his hand from my cheek.

"I am not sure about this, Harry. Everytime I try to let loose, the voices in my head starts screaming at me." I had to look down at my hands to avoid eye contact with him.

"And what do the voices scream ?" He frowned.

I didn't know if I should be honest or not. It would hurt him for sure, but what else could I say if not truth ?

"Different things, like I will get used to you and one day you'll realise how much of a burden I am and will leave. I should not get used to your presence and comfort." I said, stopping when I realise I was almost repeating the same thing.

The look on Harry's face was heart breaking. He was hurt, more like offended.

Just after a second, he masked his expressions and smiled.

And then pulled me closer to him.

"I am with you, remember? And I really mean it." He had whispered, his head snuggled on my shoulder as his grip tightened around my waist.

"Can we take it slower ?" I mumbled, snuggling more into him.

Hugging him really was addicting.

"As slow as you want, Violet. We have a lot of time." I heard him smile against me, planting a soft kiss on my shoulder where his head was resting.

I don't know what I feel about all this.

My heart sure is on cloud 9, beating way too fast around Harry.

But my brain had it's own different opinions.

Luckily, Harry supports me. And the best part is that he understands why I am like this. He says all the right things at the right time.

He was so guilty last night when he thought he forced me and that's why I cried. He had apologised multiple times when we woke up this morning.

I smile to myself at the memory, it was indeed a good one, after a long time.

Niall dropped me home and went to his hotel, he had a lot of work to finish today.

He has to go back to America in two days.

I was still smiling when I entered the house.

After a long time, I had something to smile for.

______________________________________

I feel so soft after writing the second half of this chapter ! 😭😍.

What do you think about Niall trying to help ?

And do tell me what you think in the comments and give it a vote if you liked it enough 😊.

Sincerely,
Meera.

P.S. - This book reached 1K reads today !! 😍😍😍😍
Omg thank you so much to everyone who has read even one chapter of this book.
It really means the world to me ! 😊

All the love ❤,
M.