Chapter 8

"You know, that bitch Emma dumped Nick just because he won't stop being friends with her her ex bestfriend's boyfriend." Nichole said, placing her lunch on the table and sitting with a huff.

"I know, she dumps boys like we use tissues." Andrea rolled her eyes, already sitting with a box which had salad in it.

I don't know how but I am suddenly a part of their circle. They come and sit on my table without even asking anything, not that I have a problem or anything.
It's just.. never have been this easy to make friends.

I guess it has a lot to do with what I said to Emma the other day when she wanted my seat.

"Oh, and did you hear about Rebecca ?" Nichole asked looking over at Andrea and me back and forth.
Her eyebrows were raised so high they almost disappeared in her blonde hair. She was the typical Londoner. Perfect blonde, pale skin, thick accent.

"Nic, seriously. Stop gossiping so much." Andrea sighed, looking over at me with a smile that said, 'I deal with this on daily basis.' She was hear already, eating salad from her box.

"Andy you're such a boomer," she rolled her eyes, popping a potato chip in her mouth.

"Violet, you tell me. Don't you like to know things that happens around you ? Don't you think it's neccesary to be well informed about stuff ?" She asked me with so much intensity as if my answer would make all the difference.

I looked over at Andrea for help, only to find out that she was looking back with the same intensity.

Well, shit.

"Umm, I don't think I'd like to know about people's personal life." I answered timidly, but as soon as I did, realised it might hurt her feelings.

"But its totally okay if people like to know about this stuff, It's their choice and I thinkit might be helpful at some point." I quickly tried to salvage whatevet I can.

"Oh god Violet !" Nichole burst out laughing as she brought her palm over her mouth as she laughed loudly.

"You get so flustered !" Andrea said, grinning as well. Her hand subconsciously tucking the strands of her black shoulder length hair behind her ear.

I laughed with them, relieved to be out of this awkward situation.

"How can you answer back to Emma without even blinking right at her face but get all awkward and shy when asked for an opinion ?" Nichole smiled after her laughter faded.

"I don't know, I am just.. awkward I guess." I shrugged, embarrased to my core but not showing it.

"I know, you'll be okay after a while." Andrea smiled knowingly. Taking a spoon of whatever she was eating.

Andrea looked more mature. She was not as pale as Nichole, but still had a flawless skin. Her eyes were a deep shade of blue, they were warm and passionate. I liked her already.

"Oh fuck, we have history in like, 5 minutes. Come on Andy we need to go. Okay bye Violet, We'll see you around! " Nichole suddenly got up, stuffing her mouth with food and hurriedly going out.

"Bye Violet," Andrea smiled, getting up and picking up Nichole's phone which she forgot to take with her.

"Bye," I smiled at her.

I took out my phone to pass some time as I lazily ate my food. I still had a free lecture, so I'll head to the library after a bit.

There were a few new friend requests I had gotten in instagram. A lot of them were people from this school.

I was flicking mindlessly through their profiles when someone cleared  their throat in the background.

When I looked up, my eyes immediately locked with soft brown ones.