Chapter 9

"What's wrong ?" Harry's voice asks from somewhere in the room.

I am sleeping face first over the covers on my bed, so I don't know where he is, and I dont even care at this point.

I groaned in reply, snuggling my face deeper into the pillow.

If I could, I would crawl inside the pillow and never come out of it.

"Is it that time of the month ?" He muttered, sounding closer than before.

"No."

"Then what is it, love ?" He asks again, softly. His voice going a few octaves down.

I almost purred like a cat at that.

"Just some school stuff," I answered, turning around a bit and looking at him.

I suddenly realised that he was wearing different clothes than earlier.

"How do you change clothes ?" I turned all the way around and placed my palm over the side of my head in support, giving him a questioning look.

"At my will," he shrugged, almost smirking to himself.

"But how ?"

"I just have to imagine and it changes." He smiled proudly.

This guy is going to destroy all the knowledge of science that I have, which is not that much to begin with.

I was actually waiting for him to say 'gotcha' and start laughing at me.

"You don't believe ?"

I shook my head in answer.

"Then look." He got up from his sitting position on bed and stood in front of me.

He smiled and closed his eyes, as if concentrating hard on something.

Then in a blink of eye, he clothes changed. The old ones literally vanished and got replaced in so much speed that I couldn't even see what actually happened.

"Oh my - "

He got changed into a fancy black and golden tuxedo. And he looked so much like a  royal prince.

No, more like a knight in shining armour.

And suddenly he changed back to his green jumper and black sweatpants.

He ran his hand in his hair messily and sat back on the bed facing me.

I didn't realize that my jaw was hanging open in shock until Harry shut it softly with his pointer finger from beneath my chin.

He was smiling at me, not smirking, smiling.

"You have a nice smile"

Fuck, that was supposed to be just a thought.

"Thanks." He said, smiling more now. Blushing, infact.

"So, do you want to tell me what happened at school today ?" He asked, his voice changing to sincere tone.

I had forgotten all that earlier but now that he mentioned it again, I can't help but make a face at the memory.

I had already decided that I won't tell him what happened. Partly because he might say how he didn't want to come and all this happened because of me and partly because he might be upset after knowing this.

Also, I am still 0.01% sure that he is a fraud.

"No, can we please talk about something else ?" I said politely, crashing back into the bed.

"Okay, do you want me to distract you ?"

"Yes please."

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to keep the thoughts of Zayn's expression out of my mind. But I am still stressed about the video, Emma could show it to the entire student body and then everyone would think I  have lost my mind and gone insane.

"Would you like to watch a movie ?" His voice sounds closer than ever.

I opened my eyes with a start. He was leaning on the bed with the support of his elbows, looking at me with his dimpled smile.

Wow, he has beautiful dimples. How can my oblivious ass not notice this beautiful dimples before ?

"Or I could tell you my story." He said thoughtfully, raising his eyebrows.

"Really ? You want to tell me your story ?" I momentarily forgot my uneasiness with the proximity when I realised what he said.

"Yeah," he smirked, one hand going to his head to mess his hair."I think it's right time now."

His eyes locked on mine after that, I can tell that he was nervous, but there was also a tinge of excitement in his eyes, as if he was dying to tell me everything that must have been piled up since years.

"Okay, go ahead." I muttered in a low voice, having no idea what to expect now.

"Okay, can I sit over there ?" He asked softly, pointing to the spot beside me on the bed.

"Yeah, sure." I shifted a bit to give him space and also to maintain a respectable distance.

So we positioned ourselves on the bed, facing each other as we sat comfortably.

He forwards his hands and picks up mine in both of his, softly stroking his thumb on top.

My breathe hitched at this simple yet compassionate action. Suddenly, my heart rate picked up and for the first time, I felt butterflies flying in my stomach.

See, that's why I avoided touching him.

"Look at me." His voice has turned softer and heavier, doubling the butterflies in my stomach.

I looked up from our hands directly in his eyes.

His eyes were so green, like a forest thqt you want to get lost in. I could look at them forever without complaint. I could literally drown myself in them.

"I want you to keep an open mind, okay ? Even if you don't trust any of it, I need you to atleast listen it all first, and then react. Okay ?" He said with the same soft and heavy voice. He then gulped, his Adam's apple bulging out for a second. It means he was nervous too.

Good to know.

I couldn't trust my voice here, I am sure it would come out all squeaky, so I simply nodded.

"It all started about two centuries ago..."

_________________

The next few chapters are gonna be flashback.

Finally, it will all be revealed.

Comment what you think about it and don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter !

Sincerely,
Meera.