Chapter 30

It's over.

The exams, I mean.

I just finished the last paper and am currently on the way back home.
All my papers went great, a big part of the credit goes to Harry for it though, He has not just helped me in studying, but also supported me mentally.

And I am going to treat him today, i the form of thank you.

On my way, I pass a supermarket and make a stop there.

During the past few days, I have come to know that Harry loves chocolates, of all kinds. He can literally eat them in breakfast, lunch and dinner if given a chance.

So I bought him tons of them today. Now he'll have enough supply to last an entire month if he eats two per day.

I can practically imagine his eyes going wide and that smile splittling his face into two when he comes to know what I brought.

I smile to myself and start driving towards home, connecting my phone with the sterio and playing my driving playlist. I don't do that usually because it's just a 15 minute drive. But today, I am very happy. I even start singing with the music, something I rarely did.

I don't have to go to school for an entire month.
Ofcourse I will sing!

A few switching roads and turns later, I finally turn the corner of my street.

But I slammed the breaks and stopped right on the curve, not able to figure out what was going on.

An ambulance was standing in front of our house. And Harry was standing in front of it, looking like he was waiting, probably for me.

When he noticed my car, he waved and motiomed at me to come.

I reluctantly switch the gear and moved.

I don't know what to think yet, the last time I talked to Judy was a week ago, when my exams were starting. She had wished me good luck and asked Susan to cook whatever I wanted to eat. Susan had nodded with that fake smile and walked inside.

I was not that close to her but seeing this ambulance changed something inside me.

I took a deep breathes, pulled myself together and tried to stop the slight panic attack that was approaching. And then, I stepped outside.

Harry was by my side the moment I closed the door.

"Violet, Judy's condition became unstable this morning, she vomitted blood. But It might not be as serious as it looks, she will be okay." He placed his one hand on my back and the other on my shoulder.

"Yeah, she'll be okay." I nodded, repeating that same sentence over and over as I walked to the back of the ambulance, where Susan was about to step in.

She looked at me and took a step back.

"Violet, she's going to be okay," she said to me.

I just nodded, and stepped inside the vehicle. Aunt Judy was laying peacefully on the stretcher. No, I don't want her to be peaceful.

Peaceful is not right.

She was wearing her night gown. There were a few bloodstains on the neck area.

I sat beside the doctor and nurse on the opposite side of the stretcher. I saw her chest slowly rising and falling as she breathed. A machine beaped everytime she inhaled.

The doctor was injecting something in her right arm.

"Please be okay," I whisper to her.

Susan had stepped in and was sitting in the small space left beside me.