Chapter 24

I was roughly pushed into what I think is a room because I heard a door closing loudly behind me.

"Sit." a voice growled and pushed me harshly so I stumbled into a hard surface. A chair, I am guessing.

I was completely panicked by this point. So much that I wasn't even able to speak. Or react. Or think.

Someone grabbed both of my hands and tied them in the back.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I don't know what to do now. And this exact position is triggering so many awful memories of my past that my consciousness is shutting down due to the panic.

"You think you could just walk away from me like that?" A voice growled near me but I heard just a faint echo.

I was loosing my senses. My heart was beating so fast it could go into a seizure. I felt a stabbing pain in my chest.

Was I really having a seizure ?

"YOU FUCKING BITCH !"

I suddenly felt a stinging pain on my right cheek.

"DON'T YOU EVER TURN YOUR BACK ON JAKE HUDSON, UNDERSTAND ?"

It was Jake,
And he was sounding furious.

My mind was loosing it.

Violet, you need to fight.

Be brave, sweetheart.

Those two voices bring me back.

I know I needed to fight, I needed to be brave.

But the question was how?

I couldn't see, I couldn't use my hands. All my senses were numbing down. My veins were filled with adrenaline, it was either fight or flight.

I choose fight.

My legs were still free, and I am pretty sure that Jake is standing a lot nearer to me.

So I use my senses of hearing and shift a bit to prepare myself.

And before Jake did something, I lift my leg up and kick, hard.

The fact that I was wearing Nichole's stilettos helped quite a bit.

When I heard a painful growl, my confidence raised.

His voice sounded a bit farer now, signaling that it was time to strike.

I rapidly started moving my hands, trying to free my hands somehow.

I used all my strength to snap it open but it wasn't opening.

I am doubting there is anyone else in the room right now, and it will take just a few more minutes for Jake to ease the pain.

So I stood up along with the chair and shuffled my hands up to let the chair slide down, my arms were aching to the point were I had to scream, but I had to do it.

I realised midway that my arms can't stretch more than this, and then I was stuck.

I tried to untie my hands again, and this time, the knot loosened.

After a few tugs, my hands were free.

I hurriedly removed the cloth from my eyes and tried to focus my vision back to normal.

I was not seeing very clearly but I could see the blurred version of things.

And I realised that Jake was standing just a step away, staring at me with sheer hatred.