Chapter 18

Harry couldn't really believe what happened yesterday and on saturday night.

He had no intention of over reacting. He was totally calm until 12:30. After that, he was just worried. He texted Violet sounding as casual and not caring as possible and asked her when will she be home.
Every minute after that felt like a year. He didn't know what to do. He called her a few times, left a few more messeges, but no reply.

He was scared by the time it was 12:45. He stepped out in the balcony in hopes of clearing his brain and getting some air.

He called her again, just to hear it go to voicemail.

At around 1 a.m., he got a text.

'Reaching in 10'.

He released a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

He stayed in the balcony, eyes focused on the road.

After a while, a black Mercedes stopped right outside the gates. He couldn't see anything inside because the glasses were tinted.

He jumped out of the balcony and softly landed to the ground. And stood there, waiting for Violet to open the gate.

What he didn't expect was the boy who stepped out of the car a few seconds after Violet did, following her.

And then out of nowhere,  he saw that the guy was about to kiss Violet. And from his side, he couldn't see if Violet wanted to kiss him back or not.

That's what had snapped him. Never in his life of so many decades did he ever feel so infuriated by something. The last time he was close to this feeling was when he had just found out what his brothers had done to him.

He didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to react.

He didn't even know why he was so angry.

But even when he was practically seeing red, he didn't see fear in Violet's eyes. She was nervous, fidgety and almost drunk, but not afraid.

He didn't know what to say after Violet mentioned how he was useless because of the invisibility.

His anger had turned into helplessness. And everytime he felt helpless, he closed off and tried to hurt anyone around him. Not physically, but with words.

And that's what he did, he hurt Violet. He hurt her so much that she couldn't even look at him. She was suddenly weak, exhausted even.

He knew there was something really dark in her past that she was not letting out. He knew it the moment she had snatched the photo from his hands, it was a family picture from what little glance he had. He couldn't look at the faces though.

Violet sounded shattered when she pleaded Harry to go. He didn't know what to say anymore.

He saw how Violet didn't wait for him to go and just turned around and crashed on the bed, silently crying now. It was just like that night in the balcony. She didn't cry with sounds, she cried like she hated herself for doing it. She was holding back so much that it might ruin her life in a long run.

Harry kept standing there, feeling as helpless as ever and watching Violet as she was slowly falling asleep. Once her back stopped shaking and her body relaxed, he stepped near the edge of the bed and covered her small body with the blanket. He spotted her phone lying on the ground. So he picked it up and put it in charging, just in case she needed it. He got up and was about to exit when he hesistantly sat back on the ground and switched Violet's phone on. He then deleted a few texts from himself on her phone. He didn't know why he did it, he just did.