Chapter 3

Someone is staring at me.

Even tough my eyes were closed, I knew it was true.

I slowly opened my eyes to confirm my thoughts as my baby blue eyes landed on hazel green ones.

A very handsome stranger was, indeed staring back at me.
But his face is too detailed to be a dream. I am sure I could never make up a guy this charming in my brain.

And the fact that my eyes are open can also be taken into consideration.

I closed my eyes again. I guess it’s gonna take a while for my brain to actually wake up.
When I feel like I am back on earth, I open them.

The handsome stranger is still there, with an uncomfortable frown and more detailed features.
And still just as beautiful.

“Who are you?” I ask softly, still convinced that I was probably hallucinating.
Might as well initiate a conversation.

He gasped and his eyes widened as his body visibly froze.

“You can see me?” he whisper shouted in high pitched scream, looking like he is seeing a ghost.

Okay, time to react, brain!

"Yeah," I mutter, what kind of question is that ?

Wait, the question I should be wondering is What was he doing in my room ?

Oh shit, what if he's a thief ?

“HELP!” I managed to get out of my bed and hurriedly move towards the door before he realized what was happening.

He could also be a kidnapper, who knows ?

Or, what if he is a ghost ?

Shit, I knew this place was haunted.

“Don't shout. Let me explain,” he said stepping carefully closer to me with his hands out in a defence position as if I was some kind of wild animal that he needed to tame.

I needed to run.

“NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!” I grabbed the door handle.
I could hear my own heart beating faster then ever as I started unlocking the door lock with trembling hands, ready to bolt.

“Will you stop shout -” he started in an irritated voice but stopped as soon as the door opened, revealing a shocked and worried Susan.
His face showed a mix of emotions within a second. Fear, confusion and anxious all together.

“What happened, Violet?” she asked, checking me up and down, to look for any kind of injury I guess.

“There’s a... There’s a thief in here.” I was panting as I pointed right at the guy who was rooted to his spot like a statue, staring at Susan.

“Where?” Susan’s eyes scanned the entire room, twice passing over the guy but she didn’t see him.

“Right there!” I cried, pointing exactly at him.

She looked at him again, with a monotonous expression but then she turned her gaze towards me with a smile, a sympathetic smile to be precise.

“Violet, there’s no one here.”

“No one can see me,” I jumped at his velvety voice right behind me; I didn’t realize when he moved closer.

“See! Did you hear that, Susan? He’s right here beside me.” I pointed at him to show exactly where he was.

“I think you are very tired, sweetie. Its too early anyway, why don’t you lie down for a bit? I’ll make some breakfast for you till then, okay?” she said sympathetically and touching my shoulder in the process.

“Okay,” I sighed, looking at the stranger again.

There's no way I will argue with this woman. Not because I am afraid or anything, but because I dont want to make myself look like an idiot. I can handle this situation on my own.

“Oh and Violet, please do not scream in this house again.” All the sympathy magically vanished out of Susan’s eyes as she said this and left.

After she left, I kept standing in my spot awkwardly, trying to analyze this absurd situation.

There is one explanation I could think of right now, which is that Susan and this boy are some kind of criminals trying to rob my grandaunt Judy. And now that I am here, they have planned on messing with me and showing that I am some kind of mentally unstable person so they can get the entire heritage. I freaking knew this Susan was bad.

And if what I just thought is true, then I have some work to do here.

But first thing, I have to deal with this ‘invisible’ handsome guy in my room who has by far the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen.

____________________

Here comes our hero, our saviour, also known as Harry Edward Styles !

The story really starts with the next chapter.
So dont loose your faith yet 😊.

Drop a like and vote it you like this chapter and dont forget to comment your opinions on it.

Sincerely,
Meera.