S01 E05 - 100 Goals, Anniversary and Babysitting Duties

"Today we are here in Philidelphia closing of the Victory tour, one person to look out for is Christen Press as she tries to make it to 100 goals, only needing 2 more goals until she reaches said goal."

"If she gets to 100th today John, that would make her the 9th USWNT player to reach 100, following her wife, Michelle Press."

"Another thing that I noticed in today's match is Isabella Press, their daughter, is starting this match but not in the position we thought she was going to be in, right now looking at the line-up, we could clearly see her name in the backline in the middle of Becky Sauerbrunn and Crystal Dunn."

"Yeah, Vlatko has been experimenting with her and her chemistry on the field and the way she connects with her teammates. Take yesterday as an example, she was playing in goal during their scrimmage."

"Goal?? I mean what do you expect? She is the daughter of both Christen and Michelle, especially Michelle, I mean look at her when she first started. I guess you could say that Vlatko found a KEEPER."

"Oh god, John no."

.

"Cutting in from the left, sprinting towards the goal post is Christen Press going to take the shot? SHE IS! CHRISTEN PRESS IS ONE GOAL AWAY FROM 100!"

.

"Oohhh, a clean tackle from Isabella Press, she crosses it towards the middle of the field where Michelle Press easily got it, she's sprinting to the goal post, her head looking around, probably to look for her wife."

"Christen pops out of nowhere, Michelle passes it to her and she shoots, she SCORESSSS!!! CHRISTEN PRESS ON 100 GOALS!! OFFICIALLY MAKE HER THE 9TH USWNT PLAYER TO REACH THIS MILESTONE!!"

"And it was a family effort!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The plane just landed and now they are back in Los Angeles, to go back home for the Press family and the rest are just for some media duties since they were tasked with some Victory tour interviews and photoshoots.

//

"So today is September 24, which means Chris and I have been married for 4 years now today."

"And we plan on spending the day to ourselves without the kids. So we asked a few people to help Isabella babysit."

//

The doorbell rang and Christen took a break from straightening her hair to go and open the door. When she did, she was met by Emily Sonnett and Rose Lavelle's grinning faces.

//

"Are we excited to be leaving the twins with the younglings?"

Christen made eye contact with the camera lens and immediately shook her head, Michelle agreeing with her.

"Fuck no. But they would be alright. Even though Isabella is the most mature out of all of them and it makes me feel a little better to know that Samantha Mewis would be coming by with Mal and Lindsey so they are going to be alright.... right?"

Michelle looked at Christen, trying to see if her wife agrees with her but Chris looked even more concerned than she was an hour ago, making Mitch a little anxious.

"I have faith in them?"

"Chris, you're making me worry more."

//