S05 E16: Glory Days: When Will Michelle Catch A Break?

January 15, 2027

To say that this year was off to a rough start was an understatement. After the Presses had Lola's funeral, they stayed off of social media for a while, and the next time the whole world actually saw them was during the premier for Glory Days in New York, planning on having Little Foot here as well since they wouldn't like to fly back to LA for that, plus everyone was here right now.

//

"How are you feeling?"

Christen stayed glued beside Michelle as they both sat on the couch in their New York Condo.

"I've been feeling good, Lola left me a couple of things from her Will so I have something to distract myself over. Some properties, businesses. She even left me the car we gave her a few years ago so I'm going to need to find someone who wants it cause I ain't keeping it."

Michelle turned to her wife in thought.

"You think Bella would want it?"

"It's pink."

"Hm... yeah."

//

Christen sat on Michelle's lap, her hands around her pregnant wife's waist to keep her from falling, while Chris did Michelle's make-up for her. Michelle couldn't help but stare up at her wife, watching her concentrate on putting make-up on her.

"Why are you staring at me?"

Mitch shook her head and leaned forward, giving her wife a peck on the lips.

"Thank you, for keeping up with me. I know I haven't been easy. Not just the past few weeks with coping with losing Lola and work and stuff, but you have been so supportive even before that. I feel like I've just been dragging you along with all of my shit."

Christen dropped the eyeliner on the table and cupped Michelle's cheeks and gave her a stern look.

"No, don't say that. I love you, everything about you, and that includes everything. We're partners now, we stick by each other's sides no matter what happens and support each other."

"We've just been doing a lot of my things."

"You support me too, with coaching and re inc. You have been super supportive since day 1, okay?"

Michelle nodded and leaned into Christen's touch. It was quiet for a while, both of them just staring at each other before Michelle broke the silence.

"Did you know Lola left Cecilia a bag of underwear?"

Christen snorted and leaned forward, resting her head on her wife's shoulder.

"Oh my god, she is so much like you."

"It's clean though... I think."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was 5 in the morning, and Isabella was back in her apartment preparing some of her stuff before she would fly to New York for the premier that afternoon when there was a knock on the door. Her eyebrows furrowed, checked her phone to see the time, and went down to open the door."I'm coming!"

She opened the door and froze when she saw her ex-girlfriend standing there with her suitcase. Paige gave her a small smile and nodded. She looked different, with her new blonde hair.

"Hey uh... I kinda forgot my keys back in Washington so I flew here earlier to catch you since I know you're about to fly to New York. I just need my things."