S05 E29: The Making of Healing Hours (Part 1)

The camera pointed at Isabella, who was sitting on the chair with Bambi on her lap. She stroked the dog with a grin on her face. The dog was obviously already getting weak since she was already old, but she was still somehow hanging on and Isabella was so proud of her for that.

"When did you start writing 'Healing Hours'?"

Isabella looked up at Harold and smiled. "I met Taylor a few months ago, almost a year ago from now really, and we promised to work together on a song and this was the first one we worked on together."

"What is the song about?"

"I had feelings for this girl but it didn't work out. This was before I met Paige..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm Not In Love

Taylor walked into the studio at the Press' Los Angeles home

Taylor walked into the studio at the Press' Los Angeles home. She looked around the spacious room in front of her in awe. All of Michelle's awards were displayed on one whole wall, while there were pictures of her performing on stage as years go by on the wall adjacent to it. 

There were a lot of instruments carefully placed, a few duplicated of others (she assumed that they were the twin's instruments since they were smaller) and it honestly looked like a music store. There was also a recording booth, a computer with basically 3 tv screens, and the wall of the room is made out of mass-loaded vinyl making it completely soundproof.

She watched Isabella plop on the couch, immediately grabbing her sky blue electric guitar and start strumming some chords. The blonde sat beside the brunette and grinned. "What are we writing about?"

"I have no idea."

Michelle walked in and sat on her gaming chair, the chair she uses when she is working in the studio, and they watched as she put her headset on and started mixing some things. She was working on a few songs that she and Lin were working on so they didn't mind her, just watched as she bobbed her head and got lost in her work.

It was silent for a while before Taylor grabbed the guitar from her hand when she thought of a chord progression. "What if we start with this chord progression."

Michelle heard that they were working on something, so she put her headset down and listened.

- - - - -

"Once Taylor got that chord progression, making the melody was a piece of cake since Mom joined in. She added a few beats and now all we needed were the lyrics. And the lyrics, don't get me started on them."

- - - - -

Isabella had the tip of her pencil in her mouth and an empty sheet of paper in front of her. "How about this... I'm not in love, but I don't hate you..."